twenty

as stella sat in the hospital, she held josh's hand while he slept. he had already been through surgery and was now in the recovery process. she shifted around in the chair, trying to get comfortable as she heard a sigh escape josh's lips. "you could always sleep on the bed with me" he stated, turning to look at her. "no, your still hurt and you literally just got out of surgery this morning"

"it doesnt hurt stella, please" he whined. "no, not until your healed" she shook her head. "but thats gonna take forever"

"this just happened last night josh, its gonna take time"

"im impatient"

"yeah, i know"

she watched as he turned on his side, glancing over at her. "please" he begged. "give it time josh" she said, shifting in her seat once more. she finally closed her eyes, feeling herself slowly slip into sleep. josh softly kissed her hand, making himself comfortable before trying to fall asleep.

stella was easily awoken as her phone rang loudly. josh woke up slowly, looking down at her phone to see jadens contact. "hello?" she answered as josh watched.

he couldnt make out what they were saying, only seeing her shocked expression just before seeing her phone fall to the floor from her hand. "hey, whats wrong?" he panicked, seeing her eyes tear up. "i-im sorry i need to go" she said before quickly running out.

she hurriedly drove over to the station, in shock at what she saw. "what the hell happened?!" she asked, running up to jaden. "michael and his boys, they were upset with what that cop did to josh and i guess they wanted payback" he yelled over the loud noises that filled the area. the entire station had gone up in flames all because of michaels boys.

"stella" jaden said softly. "what?" she asked. "your moms still in there" he said as she turned to look at him. "what?" she questioned, not sure if she heard him right.

"your mom and a few others are trapped inside, fire departments are on their way but the boys kinda blocked off some of the roads"

tears flooded her vision. even though she was upset with mom, she still loved her and couldnt bare the thought of losing her, especially when the last words she said to her was "i hate you".

she saw the boys all laughing to the side of building, making her cry even more at the fact that this was all a game to them. jaden wrapped her arms around her, holding her close to him while loud sirens filled their ears.

()
sorry this was really sloppy, it'll get better :)