VI. Doctor's Visit

Lavelle's view

"So, what seems to be the problem?" The Doctor asks as he enters the room.

"Sumama po kasi pakiramdam nya nung nakakaim sya ng expired na chocolates," I reply.

"Sandali, pano mo nalaman na expired kinain ko?" Raquel asks, barely being able to stand on her own.

"Well kinain mo kasi ang mga chocolates na binigay ko, nakita ko ang walang lamang box sa office mo," I reply.

"Ano naman ang ganap ng chocolates sa pagsasama ng pakiramdam nya?" Asks the Doctor helping Raquel sit down.

"Kita nyo naman po, di magandang pagkwentuhan" I say trying to figure out what to say.

The doctor and Raquel look at me in confusion and wait for me to explain.

"Kase ano eh, yung chocolate na binigay ko kay Raquel galing yun sa kaibigan ng kapatid ko at gusto ko lang naman bigyan ka ng chocolate as party present. Pero kasi yung chocolate expired na," I say.

"YOU GAVE ME FUCKING EXPIRED CHOCOLATE!" Raquel yells at me.

"I'm sorry," I reply

"Gaano ka-expired," asks the doctor.

"Five years expired," I squeak out.

"ANO!" Raquel yells.

"I'm so sorry," I repeat.

"Ayoko na talagang malaman pano nangyare to," the doctor mumbles while he examine Raquel.

"WHAT THE FUCK LAVELLE!" Raquel adds.

"Ayusin muna natin to, kelan sumama pakiramdam ng girlfriend mo?" The doctor asks me.

"Oh... um... hindi po kami..." Raquel cuts me off before I can explain.

"What! Hindi kami mag-girlfriend" Raquel declares.

"Oh.. sorry. Kung mag away naman kasi kayo parang married couple na kayo," the doctor explains.

"Hindi kami kasal. Hindi kami mag jowa. Single kami both. And straight sya...," Raquel groans out.

"Actually I'm a part of lgbtq+ community.," I interupt.

"WHAT!" Raquel yells.

"Saan pa ako mali? In relationship ka ba?" She abruptly asks.

"No. Tama ka dun sa part na single ako," I reply and Raquel gives me a small smile. Even when she is sick she still looks adorable.

"OKAY. Paano kaya kung lumabas ka po muna miss para ma-examine ko na ang kaibigan mo?" The doctor says pushing me out of the room.

"I'm actually her employee," I say.

"WHAT! Parang di lang naman ang nakikita ko sa inyong dalawa" The doctor says.

"Totoo? Sa tingin mo?" I ask the doctor excitedly.

He squints his eyes at me. "Oo, kaya dito ka muna habang chini-check ko sya," he says before leaving me and walking back into the room with Raquel.

I sit down in the waiting room with such a stupid grin on my face. Then my phone starts ringing and I answer to Max.

"Lavelle, kelangan mo'kong dahil sa ospital ngayon," he says.

"Andito ako sa ospital ngayon, Max," I reply.

"Ha! Baket? Anong nangyare? Okay ka lang ba Lavelle?"

"I'm okay, but my boss isn't. Kinain nya kasi ang chocolates, teka lang bat ba ako maniniwala sayo, kainis,"

"Pasensya na talaga Lavelle, at bakit di mo nalang ako sinama sa ospital," Max whines out.

"Wag kang mag-alala dadalhan kita gamot,"

"Mabuti, kelangan ko talaga. Masyadong marami ang nakain ko at di ako maka-alis ng banyo ngayon," he explains.

"Ampokraaaaa," I reply

I glance over and notice the doctor and Raquel coming out of the room. The doctor walks over to me with a paper.

"Go to the pharmacy and get this medication for her. It will help her get rid of her upset stomach," the doctor explains.

"Okay cool, kasi yung kapatid ko kumain din ng chocolates, pwede po ba mag prescribe ka rin po ng gamot para sa kanya?" I ask nicely.

The doctor sighs, "let me speak with your brother and get his symptoms and insurance," the doctor says.

I pass him the phone and they talk for a while  and the doctor prescribe him the medicine as well. Raquel and I say goobye to the doctor and we head out.

Raquel refuses to say a word on the way to the pharmacy and on the way to her apartment she gives me instructions.

I help her out of the car and up to her apartment. She gets her key out and opens the door. We enter her apartment and I am in awe.

I's very spacious and modern. It looks amazing! She has a white marble theme going on so everything looks very luxarious and sleek.

Raquel walks over to her couch and plops down on it. I walk over to the couch and place the bag with her medication on it.

I turn to leave, but Raquel stops me, "Salamat ha, kahit na ikaw may kasalanan ng lahat,"

I turn to face her. "I'm really sorry talaga. I really tried to impress you with the gift and katangahan ko nagtiwala ako sa kapatid ko na dapat hindi naman,"

"Bakit kailangan mong ma-impress ako," Raquel asks sitting up now.

"Uh... dikushur. I just though you deserved something special because you're hard worker and special ka din kaya," I blurt out.

Raquel facial expression softens and she starts to smile.

"Thank you talaga. And you know what I think I'm going to take you up on that drink you offered earlier today," she says.

"Okay... ay wait, diba sabi ng doktor bawal kang uminom ng alak habang nag tatake ka ng gamot mo," I explain.

"Ughh....," she groans out, "fine we'll go drinking in a few days," she adds.

"Great, it's a date," I blurt out.

"No wait, that's not what I...," Raquel cuts me off.

"Its a date," she says smirking at me.

Oh, okay then. Sounds good. I'll talk to you in a bit then, kelangan pa ba kita i-remind sa gamot mo o iinomin mo nalang... bye..," I say

"You sure its not because you want to talk to me more?" Raquel teases.

I start blushing and Raquel starts chukling, "hihiga nalang ako pag di ako agree sayo hahaha," I reply.

"Goodbye, Raquel," I say exiting her apartment.

Okay. This day turned from okay to horribly bad and not it ended really good. Wow. What a whirlwind.

Date with an amazing girl in a few days. Fuck. I'm the luckiest girl.