II. Game Time

"Half of you move to one end of the room and the other half go to the other side," instructed the boss.

"Excuse me, when will the Mystery Santa takes place?" Tanong ng isa naming kasama.

"On Friday, before your vacation. So, you have four days to find a small gift worth 500 pesos," explain the boss.

"Paano po pag aalis na po bago Friday? Iza ask.

"Hindi mo na kailangan maging part ng Mystery Santa kung ganon," the boss answer.

"Yes," Iza says under her breath.

"Lucky," I whisper causing her to chuckle.

"Alright, everyone on the left side of the room write your names on a small piece of paper that my assistant will pas out. Then put the pieces of paper into the hat that my other assistant is carrying," instruct the boss.

After a few minutes lahat ay natapos at ang pokus ng boss ay nasa kabilang hanay. Nasa kabila ako sinunod namin ang ginawa ng kabilang groupo.

Nang matapos, the boss grabs the hat full of names, "I will come around with the hat, everyone pull a piece of paper out. You will be the Mystery Santa for this person,"

Nung pagkakataon ko nang bumunot ng papel, isa sa kasamahan ko, kinuha ang dapat na bubunutin ko kaya ang isa nalang na natitira na kinuha ko. I walk over to Iza and open the wrinkled ball of paper.

I gasp loudly gathering Iza's attention. She grabs the paper from my hand.

"Jusko po, si ano...." I quickly stop her from saying the name as I cover her mouth.

She murmurs againts my hand and I let go so I can hear what she says.

"Pasensya na kung muntik ko na masabi ha. Buti nga may pagkakataon kanang makilala ang mabait na sya," Iza says.

We head back to work at hanggang ngayon nag-iisip parin ako kung ano ang ibibigay ko sa kanya, pero di ako makaisip ng kahit na ano. I take out the little piece of paper from my pocket and open it reading Raquel's name.

I put the paper on my desk and sneakily take out my phone to text Iza.

Lavelle: What the hell am I supposed to get for Raquel?

Iza: how about flower?

Lavelle: really, Iza?!?! No!

Iza: Fine, fine... How about you get a christmas card declaring your crush on her? Hahaha

Lavelle: I hate you.

Iza: Love yah too, gurl!!!

Nilapag ko ang cellphone ko at bumalik sa trabaho, pero Hindi ko napansin na nasa likuran ko pala si Raquel. Still wala parin akong idea kung ano ang ireregalo ko sa kanya

A fews hours later my shifts ends so I walk out of the company with Iza. We say our goodbyes and part ways to get home.

I pull to my apartment building and park in the basement parking level and hop out of my car. I take the elevator since I am in no mood to walk up the stairs and get off on the fourth floor.

I walk down the hallway to my apartment and open the door to be greeted by my cat, Mia.I pick her up and cradle in my arms as I close the door behind me and walk into my living room. I carefully put Mia on the couch and I scoot over to the right to lay dow on the couch with her.

"Miss mo naman agad ako baby," I tell Mia as she stares at me. She meows and walks over to nuzzle my nose.

Just as I am about to relax and take a nap the phone starts ringing. I sigh and slowly sit up to grab my purse and look for my phone. I find it and check who's calling.

It's my mom. Great.

"Hey, mom," I answer.

"Hello dear. I was just calling to check on you, so kamusta ka dyan?" My mom replies. My mom never calls to check over me, she only calls for big reasons.

"I'm good mom, thank you," I say.

"Mabuti yan, Lavelle. So, pupunta ka sa christmas party next week, diba? She says.

"Opo, pupunta po," I reply sourly.

"Good! So, may ipapakilala ka na ba samin? My mom asks enthusiastically.

I sigh, "wala ma. I'm not seeing anyone now,"

"Nako malungkot yan, malapit kana mag twenty-six, pag di ka pa naghanap magiging ulirang ina kana talaga ni Mia," she says.

I look over Mia and she meows loudly, "I know what she means," I say pretending to understand my cat.

"What was that, dear? Asks my mom.

"Ah wala, At alam ko yun ma, hinihintay ko lang ang tamang tao,"

"Hay nako Lavelle, naghihintay ka nga, sobrang mapili mo naman sa mga dumadating. What if makipag-date ka sa anak ng mga kumare ko.

"Ma! Sinabi ko na sayo di ako interesado sa mga lalaki,"

"Sge na, di mo pa nga nasusubukan ang lalaki, bigyan mo naman ng chance. Malay mo mabubuti naman ang mga lalaki eh," my mom suggest.

"Debatable," I reply

"Wag kang mag-alala hahanap kita ng gwapo at mabait na lalaki," my mom adds.

"Yan ang wag na wag mong gagawin ma!"

"Ako bahala sa date promise," she says not listening to me at all.

I sigh and say, "sge na ma, kailangan ko ng umalis, pero tatawagan kita soon."

"Sge anak, bye. I love you!"

"Bye, I love you too! I add before hanging up the phone.

I lay back down on the couch and grab a pillow to yell out all my frustrations into.