XV. Love and Presents

Raquel's view,
Let's be honest. Christmas dinner was a disaster, but I don't care because I'm on cloud nine right now.

Lavelle said that she loves me and would want to spend the rest of her life with me. I know that's a lot to say to someone who you just started dating, but she makes so incredibly happy.

She just makes me feel so understood and loved and I can't imagine my life without her in it now.

So, after her parents leave the table, I can't help but tease her. Just because O love her doesn't mean I'm going to make things easy for her.

"So, ako pala ang girl of your dreams na hindi ka mabubuhay pag wala ako?" I ask her.

Lavelle rolls her eyes and I can't help but laugh at her action. "Yes, ikaw ang lahat sa akin," she admits making my heart melts.

"Ikaw din ang lahat sa akin," I reply leaning over to give her a kiss.

"Ang corny nyo na, dyan na nga kayo pasok na ako sa kwarto ko," Max announces interupting our moment.

Lavelle balls up a tissue in her hand and throws it at Max. He barely dodges in time before it hits him and he sticks his tounge at us and we all abrupt into laughter.

Then Max gets serious and say. "Magiging okay and lahat Lavelle, antayin nyo lang, magiging masaya din tayong tunay." then he focuses on me and adds, "Siguraduhin mo na alagaan mo ate ko ah, tanga pa naman yan minsan,"

"Shhhhhh pumasok kana, baka nakakalimutan mo na ang about sa chocolate." Lavelle retorts back.

Max dramatically gasps before saying, "Diba we agreed na di na natin paguusapan yan?" we all start laughing again and Max turns to head to his room, leaving us alone.

Lavelle turns to me and begin talking, "Pasensya na dun sa dinner ah, gusto ko lang naman ay bigyan ka ng best christmas memory, pero ayun nasira ko pa pasko mo.

She looks down at the ground in shame, but I lift her chin up so she looks me in eyes, "Hindi mo sinira okay? Wala nga akong maalala na pasko na ganito kasaya."

"Pero, it was a disaster..." I cut her off.

"Hindi kaya. I mean kind of, pero di naman lahat. Gusto ko kayo makabonding ni Max palagi. Antagal kong di naramdaman na belong ako on other's company. Pag kasama kita, ayun ang pinakamasaya na moment para sakin, so ayun you succeeded in making this a memorable christmas for me,"

Lavelle smirs and says, "So, Ibig sabihin ba you hate chrismas less?"

This time I roll my eyes and pull Lavelle closer to me, "Maybe."

"Just maybe? Are you sure? Kung hate mo ang christmas, then hindi ka ganyan makangiti all this time," she teases.

"Okay okay. Nagustuhan ko naman kasi I got the best present of all."

"Ano naman yun?" she asks with a knowing smirks.

"Ikaw, syempre," I reply leaning in to kiss her again.

After a bit she pulls away to look at me and says, "Mahal na mahal kita Raquel."

I smile widely and reply with, "Mahal din kita Lavelle"

We kiss, and then Lavelle pulls away again. One of these days I'm just going to tie my hands around her so that I can just keep kissing her

"Do I get a present?"

I decide it's time to tease her back, "Oo naman pero pagbalik nalang natin sa apartment ko ibibigay ah, ayokong ipakita sa family mo ang regalo ko okay?"

Lavelle looks at me in shock. Ha. Teasing her is so fun, but to be honest I can't wait until we get back to my apartment. Kissing is fun, but there are other things I want to try with her.

Lavelle regains her composure and says, " Di na ako makakapaghintay makita regalo mo. Pero, need ko pang makipagusap sa parents ko bago tayo umalis."

"Wag mag alala, naiintindihan ko," I tell her.

Lavelle hesitantly gets up and walks over to the stairs. She grabs a hold of the railing to go up, but she freezes.

"Di ko alam kung kaya ko bang makipagusap sa kanya ngayon, after ng dinner na yun," she says.

I get up and walk over to stand behind her. I wrap my arms around her reassuringly and say, "Okay lang yan lavelle, kaya mo yan. Strong ka ih. And alam ko mahal ka ng mama mo. Magiging okay din ang lahat, gaya ng sabi ni Max,"

"Paano mo naman nasasabi? Paano kung di nya lang ulit ako tanggapin, at itakwil ako?"

"Lavelle, mahal ka ng mama mo nang sobra para itakwil ka. Gusto nya lang na maging masaya ka, maiintindihan ka rin nya, and alam ko yun. Ang mga magulang natin minsan nakakarindi pakigan mga sinasabi nila pero para sa'tin din yun, and ganun sila mag show ng pagmamahal nila sa'tin."

"Kung buhay lang mama ko. Sigurado ako na kagaya din sya ng mama mo." I jokingly add.

Lavelle smiles at me and looks up the stairs, "Okay, kakausapin ko na sya"

"That's the spirit babe," I reply kissing her cheek before pushing her up the stairs.

I watch her walk up and grab the door handle to a room and slowly open it. She enters the room and slowly closes the door behind her.

I really hope everything works out.

___________________

Next chapter would be the last chapter guys. Stay safe always. Enjoy your Monday, mwua!