I decided to get hot coffee for both of us to keep us warm. Though, my pain in ankle hasn't lessened but I guess I would be fine with such a short distance walk. I ordered two coffees and the cups were too hot to even carry but I just managed to carry them up to the second floor. As I walked past a clock, I noticed it was 3:45 am. As I reached where Taehyung and Clara were waiting. I saw Taehyung pulling Clara closer as she rests her head on his shoulder. He covers her upper body with his coat to keep away the cold.

 A shiver ran down as I turned away quickly, not to make it obvious. Though, Taehyung was oblivious to my presence so I decided to get out of that corridor. I walked away as fast as my legs could walk. My palms burned as If I had held a burning paper in my hands. I went back to the cafeteria and sat down on an empty chair. Few other people have been sitting there so I didn't felt alone but the truth was that I was alone.

 I kept the cups on the table as my palm became red with stinging sensations on it. I breathed out heavily and looked away. My eyes became teary so I looked down on my knees. The steams from the coffee evaporated and the coffee become cold but I didn't touch it. I just kept my head low and wiping off the tears now and then. It was raining again. The darkness outside slowly faded as the light of the morning came in.

" Mia." A voice called me. It was Clara.

" You are here. I was looking for you. " She said standing across me. 

" Why? Is there anything you want from me ?" I asked in a normal tone.

" No. I was thinking to get a few stuffs from home since we will be staying here. So I thought you and I can go back home together." 

" oh," I said softly. 

" You can bring all the things Tiara would need as she will be staying here for a few days." She suggested. I nodded and followed her to the car.

We drove silently. She dropped me at my place first then told me she would pick me up soon. I thanked her and went inside. I took out a bag and put in Tiara's favourite storybooks and few of her soft toys. Next, I went into my room to pack some of my essentials. I was packing my stuffs; when my eyes fell on the calendar; which I used to mark the days left for final hearing of the custody. I marked the yesterday's and counted the days left. One...two...three...four...five There were only five days left for final hearing. My hands became sweaty and I realized I haven't asked for a leave from my work. 

" where were you ?"

" What was so important that you couldn't be there ?"

I dialed my boss's number and told him I would resign from this job. I didn't want anything but if only my daughter could be healthy again. I will be okay with whatever little money I have. I searched for my medications but I was unable to find them and Clara was already back to pick me up so I forgot about it. I and Clara drove back to the hospital. It was still cloudy and cold outside. 

" You go ahead first. I will find a spot and park the car." Clara said as she stopped at the entrace of the parking lot. I nodded and got off the car.

I took the bags with me and went inside the hospital. I went to the room Clara told me to go because they shifted Tiara when we were at home. I opened the door and found Tiara still lying unconscious. I kept the bags on the sofa and rushed to see her. She was still not awake. I held her tiny hands that had few scratches. I looked over to Taehyung who slept resting his head beside Tiara's hand. He was sleeping soundly and without a blanket to cover him. 

I went back to my bags and searched for something that could keep him warm

I went back to my bags and searched for something that could keep him warm. I found my jacket and turned around ... 

To find Clara already covering him with a warm blanket.

My eyes lowered as...

the grip on the jacket got tighter.

 I turned around facing my back at them.

I looked down at the jacket that I held...

and let out a chuckle.

Laughing at myself .

Laughing at my foolishness.

I kept the jacket back into the bag.

' I don't have to worry for him now.

He has someone to care for him.

I must've lost my mind.' 

I told myself.

He has Clara. 

She will take care of him. 

" What about you ?" 

said a voice in my head.

" I will be all by myself." 

was my answer.

"What a pity! 

a lonely mother...

with no stable job or health...

promising to take responsibility of her child.

At this stage, I think Tiara deserves to be with her father.

He is at a better position to take care of her than you.

if not for you,

Do it for Tiara!

Give him the custody."