Isabelle Olympus part 24

ابدأ من البداية

“I’m not perfect Alex. I’m far from it. I’m just a young girl, whose struggling her way through all the many jobs she has to do and trying to do each of them perfectly, but I know that I never do any of them to the standard that I really should. I’ve only been running camp for a few months and I already feel like ripping my own hair out just to relieve some of the stress I feel. I know that all my parents expect me to be a brilliant goddess but I never feel like what I’m doing is enough. That thing with Connor has left me with so many insecurities and don’t even get me started on my parent issues.” I rambled trying to make him see that I’m not flawless because if he believed that I was he would only be disappointed later on, when he found out the truth. I know that if any of the Aphrodite girls were here they would be screaming at me to shut up and not give him any more reasons not to be with me, but I felt like if I didn’t tell Alex these things I would be cheating him.

“Stop putting yourself down, you’re only seeing the bad in yourself, and half of the things you’ve just said aren’t even true.” Alex said frowning at me.

“Yes they are. They’re all true.” I persisted, but he brought his hand up to cover my mouth.

“No. They really aren’t. Do you want to know all the brilliant things that I see when I look at you?” Alex said, removing his hand from my mouth but giving me a look that said ‘you’d better listen to me right now’ “You’re beautiful.” A bright red blush spread across my cheeks at these words, and my gaze dropped down into my lap. “You’re trusting”

“Naive” I corrected, earning myself a glare.

“You’re kind.”

“A pushover.” I interrupted once again.

“You’re funny.”

“I’m sarcastic.”

“Will you stop putting yourself down?” Alex asked exasperated. “I think you’re amazing and I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said quietly.

“Come on, let’s go back to camp.” Alex said with a big grin on his face, and held out his hand to pull me up.

We were walking back to my cabin when we spotted Dionysus walking towards us with a huge smirk on his face.

“Sooo,” He said dragging the word out. “What have you two been up to? Nothing I wouldn’t approve of, I hope.”

“Dad!” I whined, embarrassed. “We just went out to dinner!”

“I’m just saying.” He said holding up his hands in surrender. “You suddenly disappear for two hours and no one’s telling me where you’ve gone except that you’re with him. What else am I meant to think?” He said suggestively.

“Dad shut up! Alex just took me out on a date to stop you spying on us all the time!” I cried out, my cheeks flaming.