Isabelle Olympus Part 38

Hello people!

Well, this is it! This is the last chapter. It sounds so strange just saying that. I've been writing this story for years now and I have finally finished it. At times I didn't think I would get there but the support and encouragement that you guys have given me made me carry on so I am so grateful to everyone who has ever read this story or voted for it or commented on it. You guys have been amazing! This story has gotten more views than I ever thought was possible and I even made it onto the what's hot list for fanfiction a couple of times! so a massive thank you to all of you. Sorry this chapter took so long to complete but I couldn't quite get how I wanted this story to end, but I'm fairly happy with the result and I hope you guys are too. Plus it's a long chapter so hopefully that makes up for the wait!

So I'll let you get on and read it now. Please let me know what you think!

“Water break.” I said, to a more than relieved Percy.

I had been making him run drills for the last hour and a half with very little time to rest. I knew that I was working him hard, but I also knew that I couldn’t afford not to. We had a lot to cover in not a lot of time.

“Thank gods!” Percy cried out gratefully. Dropping his sword on the ground and chucking off his armour quicker than I had seen him move all afternoon.

“I’m flattered but there’s really no need to thank me, Percy. I mean this is all part of my job. But you are most welcome anyways.” I say with a cheeky grin.

“Believe me, that didn’t include you.” He said with a bitter tone that I knew was a joke. He might not quite understand why I was doing this with him but he knew that I was doing this for him.

“Hey!” I laughed. “I’m helping you out here! You should be grateful.”

“Helping? Is that what you call it?” He asked, fighting to keep the smile off of his face.

“Yes. I’m spending my free time training you. What would you call it if not help?” I smirked, enjoying the playful glare on his face.

“Murder.” Percy said, whilst narrowing his eyes at me. “Slow but definite murder.”

“Oh quit being a baby!” I said, chuckling.

“Hey, Izzy?” Percy asked, his voice losing all the playfulness it had previously held.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks.” I glanced over at him to see him staring firmly at the floor whilst fiddling with the water bottle in his hands. “I know that you don’t really have to do this, so thanks.”

I could clearly see that he was awkward and uncomfortable talking about this and I could completely understand what he was feeling. I had gone through a very similar thing when I first came here. Being the son of Poseidon meant that Percy’s powers were a lot stronger than any other camper here and because of that they needed more honing for him to be able to understand and control them.