Isabelle Olympus part 35

Hey! Here's the next chapter! Let me know what you think of it!

“Izzy, your father is an Olympian god, and one who was sent here to watch over and look after the children in this camp. I’m sure that he will take this decision seriously.” Chiron said trying to reassure me.

“And look how good of a job he’s been doing! Just yesterday he turned an Ares kid into a goat because he bumped into him and caused him to spill his drink! I had to threaten him to get him to turn the kid back! And do you know what the threat was? It was that I would make him look after the camp by himself!” I protested loudly, leaving out the part where Dionysus had made a joke about turning a kid into a kid. “That shouldn’t be a punishment, Chiron! And you want to leave this decision down to him?”

“Dionysus is serious when the circumstances call for it and I’m sure that he’ll agree that these circumstances most definitely require his careful consideration.” Chiron said calmly, but I wasn’t so sure. I loved my father, but he never really seemed to care when it came to demigods. And I didn’t trust that he cared enough about Percy to make the right decision. “Dionysus has an important role in camp, he should be involved in this decision.” I knew that he was right. Dionysus did deserve to be a part of this conversation, I was just worried about where his vote would lie. Chiron understood that my resigned and petulant silence was agreement so he carried on. “So with that agreed, it would be appreciated if you wouldn’t mind calling your father here.”

I grumbled to myself under my breath but still grabbed the appropriate charm on my bracelet to call Dionysus.

“Chiron’s cabin.” I said moodily. I knew that I didn’t need to say anything else. Dionysus would come without asking questions.

It didn’t take him long, either. It was only a few seconds later when he strolled casually through Chiron’s office door, oblivious to the tension in the air.

“What did I do now?” He asked, dropping into a chair with a smirk. He had obviously noticed the anger in my voice when I called him and assumed that it was directed at him. But no, this time it was directed at Chiron.

“Surprisingly enough you are not the reason we have called you here.” Chiron said dryly.

“Oh? Then why am I here? Usually I only get called into the head’s office when I’ve done something you don’t like.” Dionysus asked, still with his playful attitude.

“Izzy and I ... have had a disagreement and we need a deciding vote.” Chiron said slowly. I think it was just starting to dawn on him that Dionysus might simply vote for my side without really hearing out the arguments because I was his daughter and his favourite.

“Ooh! This sounds interesting. You two never disagree with each other.” Dionysus said with a spark of child-like glee in his eyes.

“Dad, you have to take this seriously. We need a proper decision out of you.” I said sternly, feeling the need to make him understand that this wasn’t a joke.

“Yeah, yeah.” He said waving me off.