part eighteen: kitty cat

"Ma I thought you said you were—oh! A kitty cat?" Soonyoung crouched down to the creature in his bedroom. It's hazel eyes sparkled in the speckles of sun being distributed around like money.

"What're you doing here fella? It's so hot in here, no air conditioning, sorry" Soonyoung held up the cat in his arms.

"Soonyoung—oh, so you've found out about the cat" His mom walked in as Soonyoung tilted his head. Looking like a cat dad while his mom explained, "Well after your death, this cat had been following us around."

"Is that the cat I saved?" She nodded as Soonyoung looked down at the cat piled in his arms like a cat bed. "Hi kitty kitty kitty" He sing-songed as the creature purred and stretched it's legs. "So what gender?"

"A boy! It was surprisingly a boy kitten" His mother took the animal from his arms to coo and smile at the creature. "He's reminded us so much of you when you passed." She mumbled and Soonyoung caught it, frowning softly.

"Oh well, I'm here now aren't I?" He held his arms out to his poor mother as she ran into his hug. Soonyoung wrapped his mom in warmth as the cat's purrs were breathing under his cheek.

"Yes you are, my dumpling" She cooed and pulled the right side of Soonyoung's cheek "always coming back to me."

Not for long, he thought with a slight furrow of the eyebrow.

"Something wrong?" His mother looked at him with her eyes gently crinkled into a smile.

He should tell her, that he's limited on time. Soonyoung bit his lip while deciding, he'll tell her later. Don't wanna break her heart earlier than he has to.

"Nothing!" Soonyoung gazed at his mom with the cat in her arms. "So what is his name?" He asked about the kitten to try to distract form the lie.

"Oh! His name is Joonyoung"

"That's a long name"

"He wrote it on the paper" His mom shrugged.

"What?! Cats can't write!"

"Well Joonyoung did"

His mom brought up Joonyoung's paws, it was strange, weird, every word of that kind. Since, Joonyoung had thumbs. What type of cat has thumbs?! Soonyoung might've been a little bit freaked out.

"Whoa" Was all he had to say as Soonyoung's mom kept cooing at Joonyoung.

"Oh! The broth! I made the soup for you my dumpling!" She spoke and dropped Joonyoung on the floor gently as Soonyoung was soon enough left in his room with Joonyoung.

Soonyoung took a seat down on his bed, Joonyoung jumping into his lap and laying there like a cat should. He sighed, he missed Wonwoo, he hoped Wonwoo would be okay.

Maybe there's some telekinesis with brain messages that will work. Soonyoung knew he was making up lies, but he'd do anything to talk with Wonwoo. He squeezed his eyes tight and tried to send a message.

'I love you and I miss you Wonwoo'

Maybe he wished it was fake because confessing his love by his thoughts sound idiotic.