"yeah, i mean you look really nervous." alex informs her. "like, yack-in-a-bowl nervous."

"very helpful." styx tells him sarcastically and he shrugs innocently.

"i just don't think i had enough time to work on the song." julie says, nearly shaking from nervousness.

"i wouldn't have given you this song if i didn't think you were gonna rock it!" luke reminds her. "now, there's a piano on that stage with your name on it."

"come on," styx grabs julie's hand and pulls her to the side of the gym, up the steps to back stage. "go kill it." she tells julie, gently shoving her out from behind the curtain and onto stage.

julie took a seat at the piano, trying to focus on taking deep breaths and not freaking out. she slowly played a few notes before quickly pulling her hands back. she glanced at the ghosts at the side of the gym with nervous eyes.

"you got this!" luke assures her, and she nods slightly and resumes playing.

Sometimes I think I'm falling down
I wanna cry, I'm calling out
For one more try to feel alive
And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I can make it home
Fight through the dark and find the spark

styx held her hands to her face while she watched julie play. it was so nice seeing her play again. she hadn't realized until last night just how much she missed playing with julie. it was one of her the best things in her life.

Life is a risk, but I will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together, I think that we can make it
C'mon let's run

the thought of playing with julie over took styx's thoughts and she suddenly saw a flash of bright light, before seeing the student body in front of her, with her guitar in hand, playing the song.

she noticed the other boys on stage as well, and her mind was reeling with so many questions that her it went completely blank. all she could think about was playing the song.

And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever

not only was she now freaking out for somehow magically appearing on stage, but she also began to notice that the crowd wasn't just looking at her and julie, but the boys as well.

And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever

"um, is this really happening?" julie lowers her mic to talk to luke, who couldn't stop grinning.

"just go with it!" he tells her, rushing back to his mic.

In times that I doubted myself
I felt like I needed somе help
Stuck in my head with nothing left

styx turned to reggie with wide eyes, and he was already looking at her. when she met his eyes, she suddenly felt some of her stress fade away, though she was still very confused.

I feel somеthing around me now
So unclear, lifting me out
I found the ground I'm marching on

styx followed reggie with her eyes as he bounced across the stage to share a mic with luke. julie quickly made her way back over to styx, both of them just starring at each other in confusion.

Life is a risk, but we will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together, I think that we can make it
C'mon let's run

julie returns to singing in the chorus and the crowd cheers again. styx had no idea what was going on, but she didn't care because she loved performing so much. she would never say no to the opportunity to play for people.