Chapter Eighteen: It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Start from the beginning

"I think we should get out of this rain," he smiled sheepishly, cheeks already blooming roses. "Like . . . now,"

"Fine," Katsuki satirized with a grin, pulling out his phone to call a driver.

It didn't take long for a car to show up for them, as soon as the driver pulled up against the curb the two practically flew in. The car ride was long, for traffic had picked up with all the major roads beginning to be blocked off due to the weather picking up. But again, none of this mattered, for Katsuki was still the happiest man alive right now—with his fingers gripping tightly onto Izuku's hand. Pressing light kisses to the back of his palm every now and then.

He was still convinced he was dreaming.

Katsuki sighed as his phone began buzzing, glancing down to see the caller ID was his brother. "What do you want Shitty Hair?" he asked gruffly, wincing when Izuku slapped the back of his hand against his chest.

"So," the redhead drawled, "the gala is getting rescheduled for next week . . ."

"What happened?" Katsuki demanded, noting the unease in the boy's voice. "What the fuck did you guys do?"

"It wasn't what we did!" there was a long pause on the other end, followed by shouting. "It was what Monoma did, he picked a fight with Hitoshi. One thing led to another and a candle or two got knocked over—some shit caught on fire . . . But's all good over here! Besides, even if they hadn't been acting like idiots it would have gotten rescheduled anyway—the host was flying in today but his flight got canceled because of the weather."

With a blank expression shadowing over his face Katsuki shook his head, muttering a string of curses—all directed towards his purple-haired brother. Izuku, beneath his drowsiness, shot him a questioning look.

"What happened?" the freckled male mouthed, turning so his head was laying on Katsuki's chest.

The elder shook his head, carding his fingers through the boy's matted down curls. 

"Anyway . . ." Kirishima cleared his throat, voice growing serious. "Todoroki told us about you and Zuku . . . did you find him? Is he okay? Does he remember?"

Katsuki smiled, for the hundredth time that hour. "One question at a time, asshole. Yeah—yeah, he remembers," looking down he grinned at the half-sleep Izuku, only for his smile to twist into a frown while he heard clattering on the other line.

It was silent for quite some time, only the faintest of sounds breaking through the receiver every now and then. That is until a laughing sob broke through—again, followed by shouting. But this time it was shouts of glee from Ashido in the background.

And it was then, at that moment that Katsuki knew everything was going to be okay.

—————❖—————

Izuku wasn't sure when it was he initially became aware of the warmth he was surrounded in. Perhaps it was when his mind had fallen into step with the melodic pitter-patter of the rain falling and dancing against the window, or when his body shifted from weight being added against the bed. 

With a sigh, he allowed his exhausted mind to sway back and forth between consciousness. Unaware of his humming corresponding with the raindrops that acted as his lullaby—only to jump as another voice joined in the chorus. His limbs went slack with insouciance and ease, warming until he was a puddle of tranquility floating in a thoughtless abyss of comfort. Something he desperately needed after the constant revelation after revelation he had endured that day.

He was still . . . adjusting to it all. While he cared deeply for Katsuki—loved him—there was no denying the three years they had spent away from each other. There was no denying that a large rift had been constructed between them, and it would be tough to navigate their way back to how things used to be. If things could go back to how they used to be that is.