How was I supposed to make conversation with him?

I instantly break eye contact when my mother gently nudges me. "This is my daughter Nydia." I smile towards the two grown adults, not looking back at the man.

"Nicolas, your majesties." Not only is his name attractive, but so is his voice.

"Oh my, you are one fine charming young man indeed," My mother cooes at him, while I on the other hand am utterly unimpressed.

Nicholas laughs. "I would say the same to you to Queen Kergavès. You don't look a day over 20." The whole room goes into small fits of giggles and chuckles. My mother, on the other hand, is so flustered her makeup doesn't seem to hide it at all. He is most definitely a womanizer.

"Let's have dinner, shall we? I bet you all are starving!" My father pipes up. We all walk over to the table, but before I could sit, my mother grabs my wrist.

"Why don't you sit beside Nicolas? You two need to become comfortable with each other." That was the last thing I wanted to do, but I had no other choice. I take my seat next to Nicholas, and my body immediately stiffens up. I don't know if Nicolas feels uncomfortable, but for hell's sake, I want to eat and leave.

I keep stealing glances at the two new adults in the room. Are they Nicolas's parents? Why do they look so different compared to him?

Suddenly my mother sparks the question to the table, and I couldn't be more eager to listen.

"What a shame your parents couldn't attend Nicolas," She says. There is a breathless silence until a soft but sturdy voice answers. "My parents passed away," Nicolas spoke up, his head down. His stare on his utensils, which were gently resting in his hand.

I turn to look at him, and his eyes follow up to my parents with a faint smile. "Don't be full of such pity, the last thing I want is to make this dinner uncomfortable," He says, and I almost want to ask him and comfort him, because I knew he needed it.

The rest of the dinner goes on with laughter and lots of talking, but I wasn't part of it. Nicolas was openly talking with my parents. I smile, my parents never looked this happy. Maybe getting married to Nicolas wasn't such a bad idea.

I didn't realize I was smiling unintentionally, until all eyes shift their gaze towards me. "Oh! Look here, is my daughter smiling?" My father says while giving a hearty laugh. I immediately stop and hear a soft chuckle to my right side. I slightly turn my head and see Nicolas trying to conceal his smile.

"Oh, right! we prepared a little something for you. It's just a little welcoming gift to the family." I remembered exactly what they was talking about. It was a bouquet of the loveliest roses from our flower garden. I picked them out with Elios earlier today and prepared them for Nicolas and his family. I volunteered to go because I wanted to take a stretch and a breather. My mother was hesitant as she wanted me to stay with Nicolas's family but I merely insisted.

I politely excuse myself from the dinner table and head for Elios's room. I don't see him anywhere, which is surprising because he confines himself in his room all the time. I don't think much of it and go to look for the present. I see it sitting on his bed and reach to grab it, until I see a piece of paper on his nightstand.

"When they leave, come talk to me. I need to know the details about him."

I chuckle. Typical Elios. I put the note in the pocket of my dress and head back towards the dining room. Right when I was about to turn on the doorknob, I heard chatter from the inside and my heart dropped to my bottom of my stomach.

My hands clench at the gift, all the emotions I enjoyed the previous couple of hours disappeared as I hear that word. It replays in my head. I desperately wish that it has nothing to do with him. That word ignites a fire inside of me.

Little did I know the words I overhear would change everything.

         ⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────

Welcome beautiful readers!!

Its Mai and I'm happy to say we have finally posted chapter 2. We are so sorry for the long wait! As we mentioned before we are very busy and still haven't found an update schedule. BUT WE WILL!

As you could tell this chapter was about Nydia only, but no worries the two other characters will show soon!!

Any guesses as to what Nydia heard in the room? 👀

Feel free to send feedback, post comments and even vote!

Goodnight! ^^