Prologue

Long ago, there lived a magical country called Elysian, ruled by the royal bloodline of Lyttelton-Annesley. Although most citizens of Elysian were born with simple magical abilities like casting spells, the royals obtained a significant power that distinguished them from the rest.

The king and queen of Elysian had three sons, each two years apart. The oldest, Prince Conan Lyttelton-Annesley, the middle, Prince Landin Lyttelton-Annesley, and the youngest, Prince Maxton Lyttelton-Annesley.

Prince Conan was nearing coronation and would soon be crowned king, or so they thought. The king had other plans in store. He saw his youngest son more befitting as his successor. After countless days of pondering over the matter, the king decided it was time to bring the topic up to his family. Everyone was seated at the dining table, where there was an unfamiliar silence that had never occurred before. Soon enough, the room erupted into shouts of anger. The two eldest brothers had become filled with rage and jealousy.

"Why does that useless piece of trash get to become king!" The oldest, Conan, complained as he slammed his fists on the table.

"He can't even cast a simple shielding spell! He will only bring misfortune upon our kingdom. Surely, I am the better option," The middle child, Landin, proclaimed.

"You! YOU shall stay out of this. This is between father and I. I am the true heir to the throne. Not you, not that fool, but ME, THE OLDEST SON OF THE KING."

"Why are you yelling? Father chose me and you have no right to interject the king of Elysian," The youngest had finally spoken out.

"ENOUGH!" The queen had yelled in hopes of silencing her sons but to no avail.

They continued to argue, the king attempting to reason with his sons but that only fueled their anger even more.

"From this day forward, I hereby declare a war of magical abilities amongst my brothers. May the strongest brother win and become the king of Elysian!" Conan had declared with a smirk.

With that a gruesome battle had begun, eventually splitting Elysian into three separate kingdoms.