Thirty-Four || Mexi-noh

Start from the beginning

Stiles rolled down the window, smiling but not too forcefully. "Hello, Sir." Moments before, he squeezed Jacy's hand for comfort.

The officer evaluated Stiles and then Jacy, glancing to the back for the brief moment. "Passports."

"Grab Kira's would you, Scott?" Jacy asked in the calmest voice, being handed three passports before adding hers to the stack and giving them to Stiles.

"Reason for travel?" The man asked, going through the passports.

"School project." Stiles himself was a runner up in lying.

"Are any of you eighteen?"

"I am." Jacy handed over a folded slip of paper, "But our school wrote this up just incase."

"Son, I'll need your registration for your Jeep." After checking over Jacy's forged paper, he gave it back and returned his attention to the driver.

"Sure, sure." Stiles got it from the glove compartment, handing it over along with his license.

The officer went over everything, flatly asking if they're bringing any illegal items into the country. When they said no, he'd found nothing wrong and let them go through after paying a small fee.

Jacy only smiled, Stiles driving off beyond the border into Mexico.

"Wait, Jacy, you're eighteen?"

"No, but I have a passport that says so." Jacy handed Kira, Lydia and Scott theirs. "We wouldn't have gotten in otherwise. Seventeen doesn't exactly cut it."

"Oh, my God do you know how illegal that is, Jace?"

"Do you know what's more illegal? Going into another country with 50k and Japanese weaponry. If we were all underage then they would've made us fill out multiple documents, a thoughrough search of the car and calls to our parents.

"She had a point, Stiles," Scott said, their situation not ideal.

"We're in a contry illegally, guys."

"Good thing we'll be out soon enough with Derek. Problem solved," Jacy nonchalantly replied, putting the documents away.

"Hang on, you brought fifty thousand dollars for him?" Kira asked, only focused on the money.

"After my accident we sued the goggle company - but really my parents did because I was in my coma at that point," Jacy said without a whole lot of emotion. "That's also how I have a new car."

"I just assumed it was the whole doctor/politician parent thing." Lydia said, "Not to mention you have a job."

Jacy shrugged lightly, unsure of what to say. Sure, she was well off, but she never felt that way.

"We're about an hour away. We'll be there before sun down, go through our plan to buy Derek and then be back home by tomorrow night."

"Jacy, if you and Stiles are the good liars, why am I going to talk to the head of the family and not you?"

"Because if she caught me as a wolf, I'd be dead and it would defeat the purpose. She would get mad and Derek wouldn't have a chance at leaving Mexico in anything but a body bag," Jacy said, handing Lydia one of the two sugar skull cards and a bullet shell.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," Lydia muttered, looking over the casing.

"Want to go over the plan?" Stiles asked, glancing to Jacy to cover anything missed.