Sixty-Seven || 1970s Tech

|| 1970s Tech

     Chris crouched within the abandoned Argent Arms building, placing a sensor against the wall and setting it. Moving several feet over, he set another.

     No one would be getting in or out without him knowing.

     Deeper into the warehouse, Braeden loaded her shot gun with fingers never worried about shaking.

     Scott paced the room, walking behind the focused Braeden. He gave Kira a light nod, the kitsune running her hands along her katana nervously.

     Derek watched Satomi's pack, all of them pulsing with nerves.

     "They'll be okay," Scott said to the beta.

     Cautiously, Derek turned from the pack. "They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters."

     "That's why I called you," Scott quickly replied as he followed Derek towards Braeden and Kira.

      "Well," Derek said, "try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either."

     Braeden spoke as Derek stopped next to her, "That's why he called me."

     Kira cautiously looked between the three with incredibly less confidence. "Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

      Derek and Scott exchanged a look, not giving a verbal reply.

     "Scott," Braeden cut out any silence, "you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?"

     "Lydia's still talking to Meredith," Scott told her. "Jacy and Stiles are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it."

     Brett approached from behind, their conversation no secret. "What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

     They all grew quiet, Brett making an incredibly likely point.

      "Then let's send a message," Derek said. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun." He motioned to his own .45 auto, knowing he himself had little experience. "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our deadpool."

||

     Meredith sat patiently, within an interrogation room with Jordan guarding.

     Although quiet, she was well aware there were bodies on the other side of the mirror, watching in on her.

     Peter stepped up to the glass, unaware of the chill in the room. He grew an estranged yet bemused expression. "Her? That's the girl that stole my money?"

     "That girl is a banshee," Lydia annoyedly retorted. "They're more dangerous then you think."

     "Oh," remarked Peter, "I think that girl's pilot light went out a long time ago." He took in an inhale, moving his focus. "Sheriff, not to question the unquestionably sterling reputation of your department, but are you absolutely sure you got the one?"

     "How about you just go in there and see what she has to say?" Stilinski flatly returned.

     Allison leaned against the glass, next to Peter in the line up of four. She lightly shook her head, unnerved at the blankness on Meredith's face.