Fifty-Six || Late Night Booty Call

|| Late Night Booty Call

Jacy ran her fingers under her eyes, leaned on a sink in the locker room. Although healed, she still had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"They're letting us go," Stiles said after going through the locker room door. He ran a sleeve along his face, blood dried to his skin.

"Is Jordan out there?" Jacy asked as she dried her face off with the bottom of her shirt.

"Yeah, he's waiting with my dad," he replied as he walked closer. "Do you feel okay?"

"Well, I'm alive." Jacy wetted a paper towel and motioned for him. "So are you," she said as she carefully cleaned up his face.

Stiles let her wipe the blood off, not wanting to think of what happened with Simon and Agent McCall. "Being alive doesn't mean we're necessarily okay."

Jacy got the last of the blood, meeting eyes with him. "I think for the time being, that's the best we're going to get."

He put his hands on her waist, utterly concerned for her. "We can get through this."

"How are you so sure? Our town is filled with supernaturals and the newest residents can get millions of dollars for our heads. This isn't a dark druid or a rogue werewolf. They're professional killers, Stiles."

"And we're going to survive," he assured. Stiles tucked a wave of her hair behind her ear, able to sense her unease. "Come on, Jordan's worried about you."

Jacy gave a soft nod, following Stiles out of the locker room into the halls.

The big yellow suits had been discarded and any signs of sickness were gone.

Jacy looked around, her hand in Stiles' as they weaved through the thinning crowd.

"Jacy!" Parrish called out, up on his toes to look over heads. Spotting his little sister, he broke away from next to Sheriff and met Jacy halfway. He lifted her up off the ground, squeezing her. "I'm so glad you're okay."

Jacy latched onto Jordan, her face buried in his neck as her eyes welled with tears.

Stiles was pulled into a hug by his father, both thankful they'd made it out.

Well, they'd made it out for now, at least.

||

"No, you're looking for an electric lead guitar, not an electro-acoustic guitar." Jacy, having been cured only hours before, had dragged herself into work to close the shop.

"No, these are both the same guitar." Impatient, a young college student was across the counter from the brunette in Darren's Music Paradise.

Jacy pointed to the pictures the customer had brought in. "Sir, these are not the same guitar."

"But they are," he retorted.

"They really aren't," Jacy replied as she rubbed her temple. "Yes, they're both blue but that doesn't mean they're the same model."

The college student blinked, "I'm not following."

"These are both Fender, they're both blue and even though they look alike, they are not the same kind of guitar." Jacy pushed forward one picture, "An electric lead is a basic electric guitar, but an electro-acoustic is a fitted electric guitar with a hollow sound box so it's loud without an amplifier but isn't quite acoustic in itself."

"Okay, but what you're saying is that these two are not the same guitar."

Jacy stared at Chris, the last customer of the night. "No, they are not the same guitar."