The Puppetmaster

Start bij het begin

"I can say the same for you." You reply cautiously.

"I know a thing or two to keep me safe." She smiles, "I have an inn nearby, how about you come back with me for some spiced tea and warm beds?"

"Yes please." Sokka whimpers. She leads the group away.

Katara and Aang sit at one side of the table, you and Toph on the other, and Sokka at the foot. Hama pours you all cups of tea.

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight, you have a lovely inn." Katara compliments.

"Thank you kindly, young lady." Hama says, smiling. "You know, you should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in."

"Whaddya mean, disappearing?" Sokka asks.

"When the moon turns full, people walk in and they never come out." Hama explains with grave sincerity, then she gets cheery, "Who wants more tea?" Everyone looks at her with worried eyes. You sip your tea and physically cringe at the flavor of it, setting it aside. She gives you a questioning look. You're not like the rest, are you? "Oh, worry not. You will be completely safe here. How about I show you to your rooms and you can get a good night's rest?" She stops in front of the first room. "For the fellow with the swords and the blind girl. This is the couple's room. No noises louder than a conversation after ten." You and Toph both blush as you enter the room. While Toph changes in the bathroom, you take your boots off and set them by the door, then your shirt and tunic and your pants to put on some pajama pants from the back pocket of your bag. You lie in bed, groaning pleasurably at the comfort of an actual bed for a change. Toph comes back in the robe you haven't seen since the ship and joins you in bed.

"I missed seeing you in that." You whisper. She blushes, cuddling closer to you.

"I missed feeling you without your shirt on." Toph admits. This time, your face heats up. "What do you think of Hama?"

"I think I don't trust her. She has a black... aura I guess."

"You can see auras?" Toph asks, incredulously.

"I don't know. Maybe? It's weird. I don't actually see them, it's more like-- I feel them. Like the screams. I didn't hear them, I sensed them."

"What color is mine?"

"Yellow-orange, bright, vibrant, wild, a little harsh but not overbearingly so, occasionally sinister. It's beautiful. Just like you."

"Yours?"

"Light blue. Bright, calm, occasionally solemn and thought out, collected, yet disastrous. Well-kept yet self destructive. Same as Aang's." You wrap your arm around her and pull her closer. "You still scared?"

"No."

"Well, I'm going to sleep then." You kiss Toph softly. "Goodnight, Darling. I love you."

"Love you too." She says. It doesn't take long for you to both fall asleep.

"Y/N. What happened to you? You used to be a hero. You're a coward now."

"B/2/N. What do you want from me?"

"You're scared of Ozai. You're scared to lose Toph. You're scared of your own shadow."

"By that definition, you yourself are a coward. You were a better bender than me, sure. But you were afraid to face me in a fight. You were afraid Father would treat you like me when you lost, so there was an excuse every time. You're the biggest coward I've ever met."