Twenty-seven: Forgivness

The next one and a half weeks passed so quickly. Me spending my days with Peeta, whilst avoiding Gale. He didn't see me once over that time. Prim's still trying to convince me that Gale is a "Good Guy", and I still don't believe her. I also told Madge about Gale cheating on me, saying she was furious is an understatement.

But now, the morning where I will finally be a junior. This school year is going to be very different with Peeta starting out at my school. He must be so nervous, starting at a new school, at least he knows Madge and I.

"HURRY UP!" I hear Prim yell from downstairs

"I'M COMING!" I yell back.

I dress in a t-shirt a size too big for me, but that is how I like my shirts, and some ripped black skinny jeans. I run down the stairs, were I see my mum making toast. I search the room to find Prim. That's when I spot her, standing by the front door with him.

"Get out of this house!" I yell at him.

I know I probably should try to be nice but, he was the guy who broke my heart. I had thought he loved me, oh god was I wrong.

"I came to tell you what really happened, you deserve to know the truth Katniss." He replies softly.

"I know the truth Gale! You cheated on me with a slut from our school! and then you punched my boyfriend in the face!" I spit in his face.

"No! It wasn't like that at all!" He looks so helpless. I have this sudden urge to go over and hug him, but I cant do that I just can't.

"Then what did happen?" I mumbled.

"It was Peeta, he had her come onto me so that you'd get the wrong idea and leave me so that he could have you all to himself!" The look on his face as he speaks is so innocent and honest, it's hard to stay mad at him.

"He did." It must be hard to understand as my voice decides to break on the second syllable.

"Yeah." I run into his arms, tears streaming down my face.

"Come on, I'll drive you to school. Just try to ignore him, okay?" I just nod into his chest.

The day just felt like it dragged on and on, I spent every minute I could with Gale, and avoided Peeta, which also meant avoiding Madge. It's funny how one conversation was able to change my entire view of the person whom I thought was my both one of my best friends and my boyfriend. Peeta tried to talk to me many times over the day. But Gale always showed up just in time and told him that now I know the truth and that he wouldn't hurt me again.

During the whole school day, I didn't see Peeta smile once, his once bright eyes, looked dull and sad.

Was Gale telling me the truth or was he still feeding me stupid lies?

******************

A/N

Hey guys, I'm so sorry I haven't updated for ages! I've had absolutely no ideas and no time!

Don't hate me too much!

Plus I have a new story up called 'The President's daughter'! It's an All Time Low fanfic, if you don't know who they are, they are the best band on earth. (I have a have a HUGE crush on the lead singer.)

Question time:

Favourite bands/Singers?

Love you guys, always!

If you have any ideas PM me any time. I will love you forever if you have anything! ;)

The next chapter should be up soonish, if I get any ideas.