Chapter 6

"I..., I think we have an imposter among us...", I said and backed away from the closet.

"What?", everyone questioned.

The chief walked to the closet and looked in it.

"Hmm...", he mumbled.

"How do you know Ashton?", Emily asked.

"It's the only way. That's how chief saw Shaun and Chris on the cams running from Navigation when they weren't anywhere near. That would also explain why I saw someone in brown and orange run past my door.", I explained.

"Maybe, but..., that means someone else IS on the ship with us.", Abby said fear entering her eyes.

"And they could be any of us at any time.", Marc finished and I nodded.

"S-so that could mean that the movement in the vents weren't nothing. We should probably head back to earth.", Sasha said.

"I agree with her. Nothing is worth our lives.", Emily said.

"We can't. There isn't enough fuel on the ship to turn around and get back home. We need to get to Polus and refuel there.", the chief said then turned to Nurse Anna.

"Is Ms. Marcinaro okay?", he asked her.

"Yes, she's in a much better condition now.", she answered.

"So, we have to stay on a ship with a homicidal being in here with us, that could be anyone one of us and try not to die?", Joe questioned seemingly hoping there was another way.

The chief nodded, "We all have to keep an eye out for each other. Try to always be together. I'll contact NASA and tell them there is a problem on board and that we will be coming back earlier than expected.", and he walked off.

Nurse Anna went to attend to Chloe leaving us all here in the Café looking at our fallen leader.

"We..., we should probably go finish up our tasks.", Shaun said.

We all nodded. Shaun went with his brother and Chris with Emily. Michael came up to me and whispered, "I know you have something to do with this Heights. I'm going to keep an eye on you he said and walked away and Joe followed.

I turned to the rest of my friends and asked, "Are you guys ok?"

"Yeah...", Abby said.

"Could have been better.", Marc said.

"Same.", Sasha agreed, "I guess we just...have to go to our tasks now."

We nodded and went together to search for one of our tasks. We all had card swipe so we went there. Then Marc had a task in Communication which was to upload data. Then Abby and I had tasks in weapons. She had to upload data while I cleared the asteroids. We were on our way to Sasha's task when the ships alarm sounded and red lights were flashing.

"Reactor Meltdown! Reactor Meltdown!", it said as the alarm continued to sound and then it started to count down from thirty..

"C'mon!", I said and we began to run to the reactor.

We got to the reactor and Emily and Chris were already there and scanning their hands.

"C'mon you dumb thing! Scan my hand!", Chris mumbled.

The ships voice still rung out over the panic, "10, 9 8-"

Then there was silence. There was no red flashing lights and no siren. We all breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness...", Emily briefed out.

We all walked out the room and on the right of coming out we saw Michael and Joe panting.

"You guys okay?", Chris asked.

"Yes..., just tired.", Joe panted out.

"Why? It does really take that long to get from place to place here.", Sasha said.

"We just had a little hold up. The door in electric was jammed shut so we had to pry it open.", Joe said.

"But since it looked like you guys have it covered we're going to get back to work.", Michael said and they walked of in the direction of Med Bay. Michael glaring at me before they turned the corner.

"Geez, what did you do to Michael for him to not like you Ashton?", Emily asked.

"I have no idea.", I said turning back to them.

"I think he's just jealous.", Sasha said with her hands on her hip.

"Jealous?", I questioned.

"Yeah, I mean, it was so obvious. He liked Abby in High School but YOU became her boyfriend.", she said.

"Well that's his fault. If he weren't such a jerk maybe the universe would have been kinder.", Abby said folding her arms.

"Maybe?", I teased her.

"You know what I meant.", she pouted.

"Do I though?"

"Shut u-", she was cut off by a feminine scream.