fake date// tyler

a/n: this book is just filled with tyler imagines

i was laying on the couch when i heard my phone ringing. i almost didn't answer because i was too comfortable to move, but eventually i decided against it. i leaned over and grabbed my phone from the coffee table, looking at the contact name. tyler was calling.

"hello?" i asked tiredly. i had just been laying down for the past few hours, so i was still a bit drowsy.

"hey," tyler replied in a more enthusiastic tone than i did. "i wanna ask for a favor." i furrowed my eyebrows, not really having a clue as to what he was going to ask. if he needed to borrow something from me or needed me to pick something up from the store, he would've simply just texted me.

"what is it?"

i heard him take a deep breath on the other line before speaking. "okay, this is going to sound kind of stupid, but i need you to hear me out. so you know how i was going to my friend's birthday party tonight? well, i just found out that kimberly is going to be there," he explained. kimberly was tyler's ex-girlfriend. he had been dating her for a few years until she suddenly found someone else, leaving tyler and hurting him in the process. that was a few months ago, though. from what i knew, tyler was pretty much over her.

"oh man," i replied, cringing. "that sucks."

"yeah, it does. and of course she's bringing her boyfriend. even though i don't care about her anymore, i still don't want to show up alone. so i was wondering if you would come with me and pretend to be my date," he responded.

"your date? but why? if you don't care about her anymore, you shouldn't care about bringing a date," i countered.

"i just don't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me show up without a date while she's with the guy she left me for," he said.

"why me though?" i wasn't trying to sound rude. i just didn't quite understand why he wanted me to do this, of all people.

"because you're my only female friend. pretty please be my fake girlfriend? just for tonight?" he begged. i really didn't want to say yes, but it wasn't because i didn't like tyler. i did like him. a lot. however, pretending to be his girlfriend just wasn't the way that i wanted to be with him. i wanted it to be real. then again, he was just asking for a favor. the least i could've done was help him.

"fine," i replied. "when are we going?"

"i'll pick you up in a little bit. thank you so, so much!" he exclaimed.

after i hung up on him, i finally got off of the couch and headed to my room to go get ready. it wasn't long before tyler arrived, knocking at my door. when i opened it, he was standing there with a wide smile and a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"hey girlfriend!" he greeted me cheerfully. i gave him a pointed look, shaking my head in fake annoyance.

"what are the flowers for?" i asked, allowing him to come inside.

"you," he replied, handing them to me. "i just wanted to get them for you as a thank you."

i smiled, taking them from him. "it's the least i could do," i said, heading to the kitchen to grab a vase to put them in. after setting them down on the counter, we were ready to head out.

xxx

"hold my hand when we walk in," tyler said as we waited for somebody to answer the door. i hesitantly grabbed his hand with my own just before a guy about the same age as us let us inside.