enemies// tyler

a/n: this is kinda a long one, but i really like it so you probably will too

i was sleeping, hidden amongst a forest of trees when i was woken up to the rustling of branches and footsteps.

oh great. someone else has found me.

i got up quietly, attempting to get away without making a sound. i picked up my sword, holding it by my side with a tight grip. i didn't bother picking up my bag and other essentials. i could always come back for them, either when i came back later or when i fought these guards off.

i was a princess of the neighboring kingdom, which why just about everyone was looking for me. my parents were offering a large reward for anyone who could bring me back, whether willingly or by force. i supposed it didn't matter which one.

but i had to leave. my parents had brought a prince to live with us, one that i didn't particularly care for, so that eventually i would be forced to marry him. i knew that marriage to a prince was always going to be a qualification for me, but i just couldn't bring myself to accept it. i'd rather have lived somewhere out on the streets than be tied to that man forever.

i'd already been ambushed by some villagers and guards multiple times, so i wasn't too worried about beating them. not until i realized that there was tons of them, closing in on me from every angle. it was definitely a lot more people than i was anticipating fighting. but i had to at least try.

i waited for them to approach me first, since they all very obviously knew where i was, and i couldn't exactly knock them down by surprise.

all of the guards wore a similar uniform, navy blue with a golden type of sash and their kingdom's symbol embroidered on it. they were a part of the royal guard.

in front of them all was a young man, probably about my age. he stood out to me because unlike the others, who all seemed to be standing straight with serious expressions, he was approaching me with a smirk, slightly swinging his sword back and forth. i began to lift my own sword just in case.

"no need to fight, princess," he sneered, coming closer until he was able to stand right in front of me. "just simply come with us, and all will be well."

"i'd rather not," i replied, staring him in the eye and not daring to back away.

"i command you to come with me," he stated firmly with authority.

"and why should i listen to you?" i asked. he let out a pathetic excuse for a laugh, as if what i had said was funny.

"let me introduce myself then," he stated. "i'm prince tyler, and my father sent me to find you. he's offering me some sort of reward, so as you might be able to tell, i'm quite determined to bring you back. you can fight us, or you can surrender. either way, you're not getting away," he explained condescendingly.

there was no way that i was going to allow him to talk to me that way, so at once, i swung my sword at him. his reflexes were quick though, so he managed to block my hit. before i could even try again, i was being grabbed by a bunch of the guards from behind. i thrashed my arms around and attempted to escape, but to no avail. there was way too many of them.

finally, i decided to just give in. i sighed angrily, relaxing in their tight hold. the prince sauntered over and stared down at me, the smirk on his face more pronounced than before.

"i did tell you to listen," he said with a careless shrug. he then turned around, ordering the guards to follow behind him.

i was dragged back to the palace, which was a rather long and exhausting walk, especially with these men's hands digging into my skin. the whole way there, the prince stayed in front of us, not even bothering to turn around to look at me. i couldn't stand him. maybe i had only just met him, but it didn't matter. he was taking away my freedom just to get something for himself. he was just about as greedy and selfish as any other prince was.