football game// tyler

"here. wear this," tyler said, handing you a red t-shirt of his. he had gotten two tickets for a football game, and decided to bring you along. you didn't have anything to wear, so tyler was more than happy to give you one of his own shirts. he was already wearing a red shirt that said 'ohio state' on it, and the one that he was giving to you now looked pretty similar to it.

you thanked him and then went into the bathroom to change. you slipped the shirt on over your head and smoothed out the fabric, making sure it fit nice. it was baggy, but it was tyler's shirt after all, so you didn't expect it to be snug on you. you also couldn't help but notice the distinct scent on the shirt. it smelled just like tyler. it was a comforting sort of scent though. one that you would notice whenever he was sitting closer to you.

you then left the bathroom and approached tyler, who was waiting by the front door. his lips curved into a tiny smile at seeing you in his shirt.

"it looks good," he complimented you as he opened the door.

"really?" you replied with a laugh.

"yeah," he assured you as you both walked to his car.

"i think that i might have to keep it, then," you said jokingly, opening the door to the passenger side.

"you can, if you want," he told you. you both sat down and he started the car before pulling out of the driveway.

you did want to keep his shirt. even though it was big on you, you still loved it simply because of the fact that it was his. and that it smelled like him. you could imagine yourself holding the shirt close and hugging it.

on the car ride there, tyler had turned the music up loud and was singing all the songs. he'd occasionally look over at you for a second, laughing and smiling as he sang.

eventually you arrived at the stadium, and after you had spent a while looking for your seats, the both of you sat down. you looked down at the field, seeing both of the teams on their given sides and setting up positions.

"i know nothing about football," you decided to tell tyler. he chuckled in response.

"it's okay. i'll explain everything to you," he replied.

tyler ended up keeping his word, because once the game started and all the players started tackling one another, leading to the referee blowing his whistle, tyler had started explaining why all of that was happening. a few times the crowd would start cheering, so you had to ask him what was going on. his answers made it sound like he knew exactly what he was talking about.

soon enough, it was half-time, so you guys would have a bit of time to just chill without having to pay attention to a game. tyler stood up, so you looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, silently questioning him.

"i'm going to get food for us," he said. "stay there."

you watched him as he walked away, admiring the way his back looked in that t-shirt, and the tattoos that seemed to shine that were visible on the back his arm. he turned his head and looked back at you, offering a quick smile before turning back around.

you felt your cheeks heat up at that. you hoped that he didn't just catch you staring at him. it's not that it would be the first time, though. he'd caught you looking at him many times before. he'd never said anything about it, but the knowing smile he'd wear once he snapped you back into reality was telling enough that he knew.

you couldn't help it though. he just looked so good, especially today, with the sun shining down on him, making that brown color in his eyes so much brighter. that smile on his face, and how it brought out the dimples on his cheeks. you just wanted to reach out and run your fingers across his skin.