- Chapter One -

Chapter 1: Best Friends

———

"Who are you?"

"No one you should be worried about!"

———

Your alarm went of, jolting you out of you half-asleep state. Sitting up, you turned your alarm off, grumbling to yourself.

"Mommm!" You complained, pulling a pillow over your head to block out the natural light filtering through your window. "Why is my alarm set so early?"

"It's your first day of school! Don't tell me you forgot!" Your mother called back, laughing slightly. "Neito is coming by to pick you up soon!"

You cursed loudly, earning another laugh from your mom, scrambling out of bed and rushing to get into your uniform.

Going down the stairs two at a time while tying your tie, you slipped into the kitchen and grabbed the plate your mom had set out for you. Sitting yourself down at the table, you smiled at her.

M/n L/n
Quirk: Perfect Pitch
•All she has to do is look at an object to figure out what vocal note it would take to break it. Can easily hit those notes.
•Civilian•
{Doesn't want to be a Hero}

"Y/n, eat quick! Neito's almost here." Your mother scolded jokingly, kissing your head before adjusting her blazer. "I'm off to work. Be nice to Neito, his family is coming over for dinner."

"Bye, honey!" You father called before walking into the room with a plate of his own. Your mom gave him a quick kiss before disappearing out the door.

F/n L/n
Quirkless
•Civilian•
{Doesn't want to be a Hero}

You smiled as you finished your food, putting the plate in the sink before grabbing your bag, pulling on your shoes, and rushing out the door.

"Bye dad! See you after school!" You yelled as the door slammed shut behind you, running up to a familiar head of blonde hair. "Hey, Neito!"

Your best friend stood at the end of your sidewalk, looking up once he heard your voice. A soft smile grew on his face once you stopped in front of him to catch your breath.

"Goodmorning, Y/n. You're a minute late."

Neito Monoma
Quirk: Copy
•He can copy the quirk of anyone he touches, but only for a total of five minutes.
•Student at UA, Class 1-B•
[Your best friend]
{Wants to be a Hero}

"Shove off," You laughed, nudging him slightly. He rolled his eyes and draped an arm around your shoulder as you began walking to the train station. "You exited for school?"

"How could I not be? We're going to UA and I'm going to be the best in our class!"

"Watch that ego, mister." You teased, poking his cheek. "Just because you can take everyone's quirk doesn't mean you're automatically better than them."

"Well, I know that! But I'm better than you, and you're bound to be better than everyone else there, so therefore I'm indirectly better than everyone there."