chapter thirteen

hello, guys sorry that it's been so long that I updated. I was on vacation and had lots of makeup work. 

*************************

The next day at school the two tried to avoid each other as much as possible. These feelings won't mean anything if they don't talk, right? Any chance they got, they ran away from each other. In the hallways, during lunch, and during practice. The closest they were was when Ukai asked how Saturday's were going. He explained that he was keeping in touch with their parents and he's happy that they actually hung out. The boys both blushed and stuttered a lot. 

"y-yeah. Saturdays have b-been good sir." 

"y-yeah. super..."

huh? super? control yourself tsukki!

"that's good. i want you guys to stop seeing each other as enemies. being forced to hangout shouldn't be seen as a punishment."

both boys already stopped paying attention. they were blushing hard, waiting to be dismissed. just being next to each other was killing them inside. hinata couldn't help taking glances at the tall boy every now and then.

kissing him didn't seem unappetizing. in fact, hinata wouldn't mind kissing him. 

that disgusting! tsukki is probably disgusted with me! he probably thinks I was trying to seduce him! oh gossshhhh.

hinata continued overthinking. 

"DISMISSED!" Ukais voice interrupted his thoughts and immediately hinata went running to his bag. he didn't want to face Tsukki. he would probably tell him off and call him gay. he didn't want to be made fun of by tsukki again! things had been going so good between them. 

did we even fix things? does tsukki think so? or am I the only one?

hinata started on his walk to his bike. he held the straps of his bag and let his thoughts overcome. 

"ugh." hinata felt his shoulder being pushed. he looks up and sees tsukki. 

HIM?! WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!?

A dark blush covered his face and he looked down. 

"T-tsukishima! what-what do you need?" he asked in a rushed voice. tsukkis face was a bit pink, but he tried to stay calm. 

"this Saturday," tsukki was trying his hardest to control himself, but he kept thinking about what his brother said.

you like him, don't you?

you like him, DON'T YOU?

YOU LIKE HIM, DON'T YOU?

tsukishimas loudening thoughts were interrupted by hinata. 

"o-oh yeah. we-we can go to a park. play volleyball for an hour." both hinata and tsukishima were disappointed with this idea. they wanted more. 

"alright, whatever. see you then. at 12?" tsukki said with a questioning tone at the end. his tone was a bit angry at first and hinata felt a bit sad. they didn't fix things...

despite being a bit sad, hinata nodded to tsukki in confirmation. 

"12 it is." Silence. An awkward overtone rang in the air. hinata turned to leave before anything could get too awkward. 

"umm." tsukishima spoke up and hinata stopped. he turned over his shoulder and looked at tsukki. tsukkis gaze was on the floor and he was nervously fidgeting with his fingers.

tsukishima wanted to talk about what happened in tutoring. he wanted to ask hinata if he felt some way towards him. 

"y-yes?" hinata egged him to continue.

both boys were blushing messes at this point and standing next to each other was only making it worse. 

"nevermind." just the thought of bringing it up made tsukkis heart thump and face get hotter.

"o-okay. see ya!" hinata cursed himself for stuttering before turning and running to his bike. tsukki stood and watched hinata run.

do I really like that idiot shrimp? there's just no way.

tsukki decided to talk to Yamaguchi. he'd know. he always knows.

as expected, Yamaguchi knew. Yamaguchi had thought about bringing it up multiple times earlier this month, but he didn't want to step in. he and Kageyama happened naturally and he wanted the same for tsukki. he wanted tsukki to go through the proper emotional realization and growth for plot reasons. 

when Yamaguchi looked up and saw tsukishima walking towards him nervously, he knew it was about hinata. what else could it be?

"Yamaguchi, can I talk with you?" he asked. yamaguchi gave a knowing smile and a small nod. 

"Kags, I'm going to talk with tsukki real quick. meet me at our usual spot." Yamaguchi said after turning to kageyama. kags nodded and smiled softly. it was still a weird sight to tsukki, but Yamaguchi only blushed slightly.

yamamguchi and tsukishima then moved somewhere more private to talk. 

once they settled in a more private area, tsukki sighed and looked down. he began to nervously fidget with his fingers. 

"What's up, tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked, knowing damn well what was up. 

"well..." tsukki started. he stopped and sighed. he looked towards Yamaguchi and a large blush covered his face. 

why is talking about that stupid shrimp so hard? why am I so flustered?! do I really like him? I'm just going to spit it out!

"I think I like hinata." tsukki spat out suddenly, after a moment of silence and staring. Yamaguchi's eyes widened. even though he knew this, it was surprising that tsukki just admitted it like that. Yamaguchi thought he was going to have to help tsukki realize. tsukishima was never the type of person to admit that he had 'ick' feelings. definitely not mushy at all. 

"oh," Yamaguchi said. tsukishima nodded and sighed. the blush on his face was so dark you could confuse him for a tomato. 

"y-yeah." the awkwardness in the air made tsukishima want to run away. 

"well, then go for it," Yamaguchi said nodding up and down. this was what Suga told him when he said he like Kageyama. 

"w-what?!"  tsukki was freaking out.

THE FUCk?!  GO FOR IT?! THAT ALL HE CAN SAY!? REALLY! 

"Go for it." Yamaguchi repeated. this time his voice was sterner. it stopped tsukishimas mini-panic. 

"what do you mean?" tsukishima sounded a lot calmer than he actually was. it still didn't make sense to him what 'go for it' really meant. what is he supposed to do? confess? not in a million years.

"hold his hand or something. offer to carry his bag and walk him home. spend more time with him outside of school and Saturdays. be more open with your feelings. go for it. i think that you have a chance." Yamaguchi said and tsukishima passed away. dead. dead as hell.

the end.

**********************

thank you all for reading! i hope you enjoyed it! and noooo, this isn't the end. i was just kidding! tsukki didn't die lol, so don't get scared. the next chapter will be coming out very very soon!!!! thank you all for reading and I'm sorry for all the slow updates!! ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES!!! IT HONESTLY MAKES ME SO HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS STORY!!!!!!