I veered around the banquet hall to look at our supposed allies, and saw Fredurd scratching his ears vigorously while trying to recover his hearing a bit while both Lord Xavier and my gorgeous instructor were sitting with glasses of wine in their hands, without much of a ruckus. They didn't look like they were affected at all by my Heaven-defying Devil's music, but the slight trembling of their hands and the knuckle-whitening tight grip onto their wine glasses gave them away.

I looked at them with slight pity in my eyes for I was unable to shield my comrades in arms from my earth-shattering evil music. I could only pass Alexteris the cotton balls that I, myself was currently wearing because he was the only one at a arms' length from me.

I had never thought that the always tongue-tied Alexteris was such a formidable poison tongue until today. So brutal was he that, I doubt he had even a shred of sympathy for those standing against him. You say why I speak as such? Well because the thunderstruck crowd had hardly even recovered when he dragged the root of this entire charade into the limelight, making the situation all the more awkward.

"Since the Royal Princess has finally experienced my Queen's Heavenly music, don't you think her musical talents are the most exceptional as well? Surely as my sister, you too have the same deep understanding of talents, no?"

At this moment, the Princess's face could only be described as so dark, it literally looked like century old sewer water. She was pushed into real hot water now. She couldn't deny Alexteris's words for they were the words of the monarch himself, she had give him face in public even if she was reluctant, and she couldn't bring herself to agree with him either. So consequently, the Princess could only swallow this humiliation up and say with a contorted face, "Royal brother's taste.... really stands out from the rest."

Alexteris calmly looked at Princess Cordelia and said in a matter of fact manner, "But of course, I'm the king of this country. A ruler by royal birth. Obviously, my taste cannot be compared to ordinary people. You shouldn't even speak about me on the same terms as them. Don't you feel the same way?"

"I....I....Y-Yes. Of course." The Princess finally came to realize that she had lost completely and utterly. Not only had Alexteris deterred both the General's and the Princess's attempts to humiliate me, he had also announced to the crowd that if they wanted to present him a lady, then they'd better consider it carefully before making a move. They'll have to find a lady more intense than me, after all, even I feel that to be able to play music in such an unprecedented brutal way had to be one of a kind in this world.

"Now then, since its already pass midnight, I feel we are to absolve this beautiful welcoming banquet of today. I hope the esteemed general is satisfied with my hospitality and will work even harder for the country in his coming days." Alexteris smiled like an angel.

The constipated general who was made to endure all kinds of humiliation today could only bite his tongue and smile like a flower as he consented to Alexteris's every word. Something akin to pity arouse in my heart for but just a split second, but when I remembered the general's lustful dirty look that he passed me earlier, everything equivalent to the word 'pity' evaporated into thin air inside my heart.

Angela Darling seemed to feel pretty disgruntled with the situation, but she was just a toothless young commoner without any real footing in the political world of the country. All she could do was twist her handkerchief into oblivion and look as aggrieved as possible.

Turning her body, she dashed forward to the center of the banquet Hall where her pretty harp was stationed, extending her hand towards the harp to take it back, she suddenly heard a harsh loud snap and found that a pair of strings suddenly shattered with a sharp blinding force. The rebound of the force was so harsh that it caused the fine strings of the harp to become as sharp as that of a blade and directly cut open a deep, profound gash on Angela Darling's palm.

Scarlet red blood rolled down her finger, smearing the beautiful golden harp into a color of scarlet hue, consequently making it look as though it was a cursed object rather than a magnificent regal harp of a impressive heritage.

The originally tranquil midnight, was suddenly filled with a long screech. "Ahh! My hundred years old florid harp!!!"

Everyone looked at a wretched Angela Darling, who looked like she was grieving the death of a person rather than a mere generations old harp with traces of pity and mockery in their eyes. I on the other hand, bit my lips and looked on with a shred of guilt in my eyes.

"As expected, even that ancient sturdy harp was unable to endure your ravage. Instead, it seems it had chosen to take it's own life to revert itself back to it's original pure origin." Alexteris beside me said with a chuckle filled in mirth.

I turned towards him and chose to pass him a silent glare as I was really tired after all that melodrama. I feared I had now become a known enemy of the Queen Dowager out in the open. All my plans of secret infiltration into the enemy's layer went down the drains with the intervention of that horrid general.

"Why do you look so glum? Wasn't it a great night tonight?" Alexteris spoke with a chasire grin, "We had our little retaliation, and everyone got a taste of your dark deadly music. Shouldn't you be laughing in glee?"

"Yeah right, and made an open enemy out of the Queen Dowager and the Princess." I said with a sigh.

"Oh well, that was destined to happen sooner or later you know. General Loghard had just accelerated the process." Alexteris said with a shrug.

I couldn't help but make a face at Alexteris. This guy..... after the people he wanted to teach a lesson was taught a lesson, I found out that he had the incredible ability to wash his hands off the aftermath of the disaster and go his merry way.

I gnashed my teeth in frustration and decided to completely ignore this guy's existence.

When we reached our room, Alexteris who was about to sneak out of our master-bedroom like always, suddenly halted in his steps.

"Do you smell that?" He said with a frown.

"Smell what? I who was busy taking off my uncomfortable shoes asked in nonchalance.

"The smell of gasoline." And the moment he said that, I widened my eyes with horror as I saw angry crimson flames suddenly flare out in front of me.

"LEXTER! LOOK OUT!!!!!"

~ • • • • • • • • ~

BOOK - 1 |Arc -I|

~END~

~ • • • • • • • • ~

AUTHOR's NOTE

Happy Valentines Day my dearies! ❤️😁🥰❤️

I hope you guys liked my Valentines Day gift to you all. The entire book 1 of 'MFL' now available for free 🎉🎊

Well, I guess I will be posting Book 2, but the pace of Book 2 might be very slow, or I might stop in the middle. I have not decided what I'm going to do yet, but... you can always get excess to Book 2 in Webnovel and Babelnovel. I will not be posting in these two sites as separate books, but as only one whole book, but with separate Arcs.

I hope you will stick around for Book 2.

Thank you so much for the read❤️

Farewell until next time, my Lovelies ( ˘ ³˘)