Chapter ♦ 50

Zylith.

"If the princess is so inclined to hear my performance, I can't possibly continue to decline and embarrass the benevolent Princess. Your majesty, you need not worry about the rest. Since I do have something prepared of the sort, just let this Queen perform a song for you and the Princess to enjoy." I said with a stunning smile, but Alexteris rather looked at me in unease.

Lord Xavier raised his brows and spoke in a soft voice, "What do you think, do you think our Queen will be able to amaze the crowd or will it be that little songstress?"

Looking at me with a scrutinizing gaze, my gorgeous instructor said, "It's hard to say, I mean it's Her Highness after all. There are some matters that could be guessed in the beginning but cannot be guessed in the end. The tables could turn with the mere flip of her finger."

"Hmm, you're right." Both the fellow gossiping men nodded their heads unaware of the fact that I could hear all of their words from where I was seated. I shook my head at these men who gossiped better than ladies and made my way towards the beautiful harp that was placed at the middle of the banquet Hall.

While everyone was awaiting expectedly or hoping to take joy in the disaster, I sat before the majestic looking harp, took one deep breath, and then.... my ten fingers teased the harp, making unimaginable sounds fly.

And in that very instant, the weather changed, sand flew, animals began to migrate and the hundreds of flowers in the imperial garden were scattered into the wind while leaves and branches were blown off trees.

All the birds hidden inside the forest flew out from fright, while birds which were fluttering to get into groups to migrate, the sudden pluck of a string caused one of them to scream out and it thumped to the ground from mid-air, it's body convulsing a few times and white foam started coming out of its mouth.

"........"

After the song was over, everyone had the look of being thunderstruck. As though their throats were clogged with an invisible cloth, they could only stare, wide-eyed at me who was seated at the center of the stage.

"Ha...." But abruptly, a sudden startling sound broke the dead silence.

Everyone turned towards where the sound came from to discover that general Loghard had gone pale in the face, looking almost as if he was on the verge of spitting out fresh blood.

"Noble general, are you okay?" I gestured a servant to assist the pale-faced general and said with an amicable smile, "What do you think of my musical talent? I hope my performance satisfied your standards."

The general, in response looked at me with raw resentment shining in his eyes. His face crumpled into distortion when he heard my question. "Your Highness really..... your skills are truely only meant to be heard by His Majesty in private." He spoke with difficulty.

I looked at Alexteris, and in that instant, he caught upto my cue and said in a jolly voice, "I couldn't agree more with the Noble General. In fact, I feel that your music is Heaven-defying that ordinary people are unworthy of even being graced with such bestowment."

"................................."

Now I was the one who was about to spit out old blood.

I'm a very self-aware person. I knew of the Heaven-defying quality of my music. So when this guy before me, who had cotton balls tucked to his ears said such arrogant words, I, the person being praised felt like digging up a hole and burying my head into it in shame.

I watched the faces of all those present in the banquet hall crumple like old dried-up leaves. Their expressions said, 'WOW! We never knew His Majesty was so very skilled at distorting the facts. He is like a God of lying with his eyes open. We really look upto you, Sire.' Even I felt like worshiping the ground that this Lying God walked on.