Chapter 12: Change

Y/n's POV:

After being unable to attend classes for a week, I am now ready. Why didn't I attend? Because I fucking caught a fever.

Yes, I had a freaking fever for a whole damn week. The whole week, mom said that I changed a lot, as in a lot.

I'm now facing the school gates, I sighed and walked in, "Y/n!!!" I remained my stoic face.

"Did something happened to her?"

"I think so, she usually smile." I continued walking, until a girl stopped me.

"Senpai, please accept my gift." I ignored her and walked away. The moment I stepped inside our room, everyone became silent.

I quietly sat on my chair as I listen to their gossips.

"Is it only me or Y/n is really not smiling?"

"She's absent for a week, do you think something happened?"

I rolled my eyes at them, "Y/n!" I turned my gaze and saw Nako, waving at me. I raised my brow, she walked to my direction.

"Do you have a problem?" I shook my head and faced the board. "Aaww~ Come on, tell me." "Later, at the rooftop." She nodded and went back to her seat.

Our teacher soon came, "Oh. Y/n, welcome back." I stood and bowed, "Thank you, sir. I'm sorry I could not attend for a week." He smiled, "It's okay, you may take your seat." I bowed again and sat.

I'm glad I studied at home. He then, started his lesson, I listened to him attentively, catching up with them, even though I don't need to.

Timeskip

After our third class, the bell rang, making the students cheer and rush outside. I was about to go out, when a call caught my attention.

"Y/n, wait for me." I gestured Nako to follow me, we walked out of the room and head to the rooftop. "Senpai!" I ignored the call and fasten my pace.

I opened the door, "Lock it." I heard a click sound from behind, "So, what's the problem?" "Mina." "Mina? What about her?" "She left me, without even saying anything."

I stood by the edge, arms on my back, "How come?" "I don't know. She just… left." I said as tears forms in my eyes, "You can just forget her and start over." "How can I forget my first friend and my first love?"

She gasp, "F-first love?" I nodded at her, "I was about to tell her last week, but luck isn't on my side." I said and laughed bitterly.

"Do you think, changing will help you?" "Of course, because starting today, no one will enter my life again." "Y/n." I hummed, "What if she comes back?"

I chuckled, making her confuse, "Do you think she'll come back? After leaving me? I don't think so." "She's still your friend."

3rd Person's POV:

Y/n sighed heavily, "Friends don't leave their friends behind. Life is tough, Nako." Nako stared at the latter sadly, "I know, but, you should enjoy your life."

Y/n scoffed, "Why enjoy, when life is cruel? Nako, you can't enjoy life, especially if you knew life is not easy." Y/n said, staring at the sky, Nako smiled, "You're so deep, Y/n."

Y/n laughed at her softly, "Did I made you uncomfortable?" "No, not at all." "Good to hear." Y/n said as she smile.

"Just do you know, I'll be by your side." Nako said, "You sure?" Nako nodded in determination, "Okay, then, I'm expecting good from you." Y/n joked, making the latter gasp.

"Do you think, I'll do something bad to you?" "Hai, I think you will prank me someday." The two laughed, "So, what about her?" Nako asked, "Let's not talk about her."