Chapter 4: Y/n's investigation

A/n: hello my fellow readers here is the next chapter for this story. now let the chapter begin.

3rd pov

as Y/n was in his seat eating his breakfast while Shamisel turns back invisible while the woman named Gladys was in the room making her way towards the young man with her sword. while Roxanne raps her arms around Y/n in a protective matter.

Gladys: are you Y/n L/n?

Y/n: *offers some food to Gladys with calm look* that's me. wants something to eat?

Gladys: hmm. *looks at Y/n* just by looking at you, you do seem to be skilled but I would rather experience your skill head on instead of hearing rumors. why do you think I've come here?

Y/n: oh I don't know. maybe to discuss strategies to break up the rebel forces?

Gladys: you think... I came to discuss strategies...? *laughs* you are rather carefree than you appear to be. your life is in danger.

Y/n: that maybe, but at least I got a gorgeous woman like you to laugh, also being to serious makes one into a less fun person.

Gladys: what sort of sense do you have?!

Y/n: the one that smiles in the face of danger.

Gladys: *laughs and puts her sword away* your a rather interesting one. I'll take my leave, but next time we meet I hope to cross swords with you.

Y/n: who knows... you may get that soon.

as Gladys leaves she has a small smile on her face finding interest in the young man, while Y/n and Shamisel who becomes visible again. Shamisel has a smile of her own while Roxanne let's out a sigh.

Shamisel: Y/n, you are funny.

Y/n: thanks Shamisel.

Roxanne: for a moment I thought she was going to kill you.

Y/n: oh she could have, but I'm unarmed and the way she looked at me. I could see that she would rather fight me armed one on one with honor.

Shamisel: very observant Y/n.

Roxanne: she's right. plus that Gladys woman is someone I would like to talk to more.

Y/n: oh I'm sure you will. *stands up* well time for me to investigate the enemy camp.

-timeskip-

Y/n's pov

I was heading towards Gladys' camp for her and her troops, I was wearing a cloak over my clothes obscuring my appearance as the troops think I'm some kind of envoy. the troops let me in as I make my way towards Gladys in all her glory.

Gladys: I will listen to your case.

Y/n: one of your clan has invaded my castle. so I came to inform you of that.

Gladys: what?

I then took off the hood of my cloak revealing myself to Gladys as I flashed her a smile, she on the other hand was rather surprised to see me again.

Y/n: looks like we meet again.

Gladys: it's you...

Y/n: yup. after seeing you, I just have to get more about your character.

Gladys: I see. *small smirk* you had me fooled.

Y/n: like a magician I never reveal all of my secrets beautiful.

Gladys: quite so. did you come here to challenge me? since I know you graduated from the Royal knights academy.

Y/n: that and to discuss on the preparations and what the winner gets.