chapter 6: date night

harry and simon have never been happier.

after choosing to put the past behind them and start anew they had been more in love than ever.

it was like a never ending honeymoon phase, they couldn't get enough of each other, especially after 2 months of nothing.

every night once simon fell asleep harry would just stay awake, thinking about how fucking lucky he was. how lucky he was to have his simon back.

it had been nearly a month since fighting stopped and the love started again. a month full of pure and genuine happiness. they had been on countless date nights too, trying to make up for all the lost ones.

simon even took harry to paris for a week, knowing that harry had always wanted to go there being as cliché as he was. but after all, it was the city of love, and simon's way of making everything up to harry.

his grand apology consisted of a trip to the eiffel tower, 2 nights at disneyland, and all the touristy stuff you could hope for. there was the little things aswell, the night walks and cute cafes. it was the best holiday both of them have ever been on.

they were going on another date tonight, to this restaurant that harry's friend recommended when they first moved to london.

"if this is a shithole I blame your friend" simon laughed as they pulled into the car park.

"have faith simon!" harry replied, pointing at an empty space near the entrance. harry didn't mind if it was a shithole though, nothing could be bad as long as simon was there with him.

when they walked in they were completely taken aback, from the outside it looked like any old restaurant, but the inside was a different story.

harry thought for a moment they had accidentally walked into the vip area, it was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. he looked at simon, who was also looking around in awe, and swooned.

simon took harry's hand in his and squeezed it, "tell your friend I love him" he sighed out, still looking around in amazement.

"good evening gentleman, table for two?" a voice behind them said, they turned round to see a very posh looking waiter, who was smiling at them.

"yes please sir" harry said politely, the waiter lead them to a booth in the corner of the room and said he'd be back soon.

"ok simon,what are you gonna get?"

"i'm gonna be basic and get.."

"wait no let me guess, you're gonna get the steak aren't you? medium rare, peppercorn sauce, oh and you're gonna have red wine, even though you only pretend to like it to look posh, then for dessert you'll have the strawberry cheesecake, and you'll complain that it's nothing compared to the one your mum makes"

"spot on you prick, especially that last part. but I know what you're gonna get too, cause you're a freak you're gonna get some kind of fish, most likely salmon but you might change it up, you'll ask for sides but not even touch them, to drink you'll get whatever I get and for dessert you'll get a strawberry sundae, and you'll make me finish it"

"no one likes a show off" harry scoffed. then held his hand out for simon to hold. "this restaurant reminds me of paris you know"

"we'll go back soon harry, I promise"

"ooh! let's play a game, if you could go wherever you wanted in the world, anywhere, for free and for however long you wanted, where would you go?"

simon didn't even need to think, the answer was clear to him.

"i'd go to an island, any small sunny island, and i'd just stay there"

"sounds boring"

"think about it, no more worries, no more job, no more people. just you and the island"

"you're weird" harry laughed, "i'd much rather go to new york or somewhere like that, imagine how fun that would be"

"well if you wanna go, I wanna go"

"it's fucking expensive though, I went there in my gap year and jesus christ"

"it's ok, we'll find a way, we always do"