two

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ♛ FLICKER !
( 𝟸. TWO ╎ ❀ )

━━━━ (閃爍) 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 ━━━━ (깜박임)

(𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙳𝙰𝚈 ) 𝟷𝟿 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟹𝟽𝟻 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙴𝚛𝚊
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE HOUSE EUNBYEOL LIVES IN IS SMALL but it's home so no one complains. It's two storeys tall with a low hanging ceiling. It's not big enough to house everyone in her family but they manage. The house which they have come to call Home sits on the edge of the street, closer to the street lamps and the shops. Home has three small bedrooms, the girls' room being the bigger one of the three. Home has a tiny living room, attached to a dining room which leads into the kitchen.

She enters the usually loud house, slipping her boots off by the entrance. She hangs her bag on the coat rack which the family uses as anything but a coat rack in the summer months and walks into the kitchen. Her mother is cooking while her older sister, Eunbi, is helping her dad with some work related thing.

"Nice of you to finally make an appearance," Eunbi shakes her head. "Where were you?"

"I was with Soobin. He had a free day today," Eunbyeol answers, walking to take a seat on the table next to her dad. "What's this?"

"An eviction notice. They're saying that the shop isn't making enough to keep it open," Eunbi says, her voice carrying sadness. "We have a little over eleven months before they demolish the store,"

The Go family own a toy shop. They've been in the toy business since Eunbyeol's dad moved to Eden from Strum. Eunbyeol's mum hand-stitched all the stuffed toys in their shop but her hands don't comply with her like they used to so the girls took on the job but they're nowhere near as fast enough at making the toys.

"That's bullshit. They can't just threaten to destroy the shop. That's our plot of land," Eunbyeol argues, grabbing the eviction papers.

"It's not out land anymore, Byeol-ah," her dad sighs deeply, taking the papers back into his hands. "I sold it to pay for the new things in the store but the store is not doing as well as I thought it would do,"

"We're gonna figure something out, okay?" Eunbyeol says but her voice shakes.

The truth is, no one knows what's going to happen if their store does get closed down. Would they be moved down a Set? It was a scary thing to even think about. Being Set Five is already hard enough with all its limitations.

   "Did you post your application form in, Byeol-ie?" Eunbi asks to divert everyone's attention from the topic of eviction. "We can't afford to pay a fine for that either,"

   "What do you think of me? Of course, I posted it," Eunbyeol chuckles quietly, pulling the hair tie off her head. "Don't the results come out in a week or so?"

   Eunbi nods her head, pointing to the calendar on the kitchen wall. Today's day is circled in red as well as the date for exactly a week from today. Eunbyeol has no expectations but her heart has changed. She suddenly wants to be accepted.