eight

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ♛ FLICKER !
( 8. EIGHT ╎ ❀ )

━━━━ (閃爍) 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦
𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘥 ━━━━ (깜박임)

(𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙰𝚈) 𝟼 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽𝟻 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙴𝚛𝚊
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

EUNBYEOL HATES THEM. SHE HATES THE three girls that she shares her room with with a passion. She and Jiwoo walk to English quietly. They have no words to say to each other.

   "Jiwoo-yah, we can talk to Miss Chang and convince her to give you a new plant," Eunbyeol tries to make small talk, unable to meet her friend in the eye. "I'm sure she will say yes if we tell her the situation,"

   "Just leave it, Eunbyeol. It's over and done now," Jiwoo sighs, pushing the classroom door open. "I don't think she will, no matter how much we try to convince her,"

Eunbyeol nods but she can't help herself to frown whenever she looks at Jiwoo. She will get them back. She will.

English is a language she didn't even know she would be learning. They didn't teach that back at home. They had the usual Korean Language and Literature lessons with basic maths and science. English was a luxury.

The spent the hour and half getting to know the alphabet and different types of verbs. As much as Eunbyeol was good at picking things up quickly, she could tell that English was going to be hard.

Lunch came after English. Eunbyeol tried to make conversation with the usually talkative Jiwoo but the loud girl wouldn't say anything. Eunbyeol hated the quiet Jiwoo even more than the three girls that she shares a room with. Jiwoo isn't a quiet person. She's talkative and loud and always had a positive attitude.

Archery is an extracurricular subject that Eunbyeol chose on Saturday along with horseback riding, martial arts and music. Although Jiwoo also had the same extracurriculars, they had them at completely different times. Eunbyeol has archery on Monday afternoon while Jiwoo has it on Wednesday afternoon when Eunbyeol has martial arts.

Jiwoo heads on her way to martial arts first, leaving Eunbyeol in the lunch area by herself. She looks around and makes eye contact with Yeseul, Mirae and Seohee. Anger builds up in her once again. She scoffs to herself before focusing her attention back on her food. She can't let them get to her. She has to be better than them.

Archery is something she has had little experience with, well, not archery per se. She and Soobin had made those makeshift catapults often when they played together. She had the best aim but Soobin's always went farther. Archery was the same aspect in her mind.

She reluctantly makes her way to the archery court, situated a little farther on the east side of the school, just feet away from the horse sheds and tracks. The teacher asks the ten students in the archery class at the moment to get changed into the archery uniform, informing them all that they have three minutes and all the girls rush to the changing rooms. The uniforms are simple. A scarlet coloured polo shirt with a matching pleated skirt. A black cross body armour covers one shoulder. Sports shoes are also provided available in all different sizes.