six

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ♛ FLICKER !
( 6. SIX  ╎ ❀ )

━━━━ (閃爍) 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦
𝘵𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 ━━━━ (깜박임)

(𝚆𝙴𝙳𝙽𝙴𝚂𝙳𝙰𝚈) 𝟷 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽𝟻 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙴𝚛𝚊
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IT'S HEESEUNG. EUNBYEOL LOOKS UP TO  him and smiles, tapping the ground next to her for him to sit. He grins back, plopping himself next to her.

   "So you got in, huh," Heeseung says, ruffling the girl's hair. "How do you like it?"

   "It feels so surreal like I shouldn't be here," she answers him honestly, swatting his hand away. "And you got in too! What are the chances of that?"

   The night is warm. Eunbyeol crosses her legs in front of her, leaning back against the tree trunk. She doesn't have anything to say to him. In all honesty, she doesn't even know him properly. All she knows about him is that his name is Heeseung and he works at the Palace. She turns to look at him, admiring his features.

   He is indeed very beautiful. A perfectly sculptured nose, big, pouty lips, bambi-doe eyes. His skin is smooth, his teeth perfect. Was everyone who comes to this school made by the Gods, she asks herself internally. She has yet to meet an 'ugly' person. Everyone here looks as though they swim in gold jewels before breakfast.

   "We could get caught," Eunbyeol whispers out, her eyes diverting up to meet the moon. "We could get demerits if we get caught,"

   "Yes, but we're still here, aren't we?" Heeseung chuckles lowly, adjusting himself on the grass so that he's also leaning back against the tree. "Can I tell you something?"

   The last time the two met, Eunbyeol had cried to him, telling him how much she hated the school and the Process but she really needed to be accepted. She didn't know him and he didn't know and yet, she found comfort in ranting to a complete stranger.

   This time is also no different. They are still strangers to each other.

   "What's up?"

   "My dad, he, uh, wants me to marry," Heeseung sighs deeply, not meeting Eunbyeol's eyes. "And-and I don't understand it,"

   "What don't you understand?"

   None of Eunbyeol's older siblings are married even though her oldest sibling is almost thirty-four years old. No one even mentions marriage at Home. The only time Eunbyeol would ever talk about such a thing is with Soobin. Heeseung is the first person who's ever confided in her to talk about marriage like this.

   "My older brother, he, uh, got married to someone whom my parents had chosen and I was so sure that I can marry someone I choose for myself," Heeseung explains without context, leaving Eunbyeol to nod and go along with it. "Because, you know, I'm the second son and all. You know, the forgotten son. I thought he would allow me to marry a person of my choosing but no,"

"I'm confused,"

"The thing is, there's someone I already like. No, I think I-I love her," Heeseung says, startling Eunbyeol. "But he won't allow me to marry her because she's not of 'our standard'. I hate it! Why do these things matter when it comes to marriage and love?"