Chapter 18 | Games and broken bones.

Start from the beginning

I hugged her tightly. A few tears came down my face.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Amelia said trying to comfort me.

"Well.. I know it said 'my beloved' will be alright.. but I don't want anyone else in the troupe to die! Phinks or Shalnark, they've always been there and making jokes. It'll be so lonely without them. Shizuku or Machi, they're like my best friends I never knew I had. Without them, I'd be so lonely." I said.

"Just think about the positives!" Amelia said. She ducked under my arms as someone came by.

It's the same old man who wanted to play ball last time..

"Would you like to play ball with me?" The old man asked.

"Who are you?" I questioned.

"I'm Isaac Netero, the chairman of hunters association." he said, smiling at me.

"Oh, my gosh!" I squealed, "I've heard about you but never seen you or- seen what you'd look like! I'd love to play a game with you, but how does it work?"

"You'd just have to take the ball away from me. That's all. I only play defense, I won't attack." he said, spinning the ball on his fingers.

"Hmm.. sounds fun!" I said. Amelia groaned, "Do you always talk to strangers?"

I patted Amelia in the head a bit aggressively so she'd shut up.

I followed the old man to a room. It was a big room. I set down my bag, and Amelia hopped on top of my bag and lied down.

"Alright! And.. begin!" Netero yelled.

I charged after him and he dodged me. HUH?

I quickly turned around and tried to punch him. I heard Amelia snicker from far away, "The old man's faster than you."

"SHUT THE HELL UP you stingy cat!" I yelled then paused.

"What was that?" Netero asked, looking at me.

"N- nothing.. It was just my- imaginary friend..?" I turned around and screamed in my head.

I heard Amelia burst into laughter, "IM- IMAG- IMAGINARY FRIEND? HAHAHAHA Y/N."

I turned around and locked eyes with the old man.

"Time to get serious, sir netero." I said, going his direction.

He was about to dodge when he noticed an explosion. I came behind him and punched him. I thought I was successful..

"OUCH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU MADE OF?" I screeched in pain.

"It's my nen that's protecting me." he responded.

I continued to try to take the ball with my remaining hand.

"Okay, if serious is what you want, serious is what you'll get." I said, angrily. I walked around him, then teleported above him. There were a series of 'me' all around him and above him.

"Hmm.. you're not as young as you look" Netero exclaimed.

I used my blade and hid it's presence. There were 3 hidden blades around the multiple versions of me. Each one of them attacked him, but he was able to clearly dodge each one.

"The hell..?" I said. My nen went away and so did my copies. I was panting.

He was rolling the ball on his finger looking straight at me.

"You're about to piss me off old man." I said, getting a murderous aura around me.

"Y/n.. wait- Y/N DON'T!" Amelia yelled towards me.

"Shut up stupid cat" I yelled towards Amelia.

My deadly aura had appeared again and my blue hair streaks appeared again. I ran straight towards him, then teleported behind him. I kicked him using a lot of my aura on my right leg. He fell forwards then dropped the ball. I took that to an advantage and charged after the ball.

The ball disappeared before my hands could reach them. I looked forwards and he was holding the ball.

"Fascinating", he said trying to process my new aura I managed to build up.

"I might have to kill you to get the stupid ball." I said. I threw a blade then teleported behind him. I tried to stab him, but before I could, I felt a calming aura behind me.

There was a flute playing and my bones all over my body had calmed down. My mind was beginning to become calm. I turned around and freaked who was standing at the door.

"Chain freak and bald girl." I said, "Wh- what are you doing here..?" I questioned hiding behind the old man.

"Don't worry, we're not here to hurt you, y/n." Kurapika said, "not on here."

"Kurapika and I happened to get on the wrong aircraft." the girl said.

"Y/n? Do you happen to be the 14th Phantom Troupe member?" Netero questioned.

"Of- of course nottt. That y/n is a different y/n.." I said, walking towards Amelia, but she was no help either. She cut the back of my pants revealing my tattoo.

I turned to her, "The hell was that for?" I yelled at her.

"Ah, y/n l/n. Number 14th Phantom troupe member. It's a pleasure to meet you. It also explains how serious you were with me." Netero said, with a smile.

"I'm- just going to go.." I said, picking up my bag. Amelia came running behind me.

We ran down the hall to an empty room. I sat down, "PHEW. That scared me.."

"Y/n, how about we meet this imaginary friend?" Amelia said, giggling.

"Shut up" I cried out. I was going to get up to attack her but my past injuries got worse.

"Ugh, and Machi said no fighting." I said, wincing in pain with my broken arm, almost broken leg, and stitches that were almost falling apart.

- Time skip -

We finally arrived back in Yorknew city. I gleefully hopped off the aircraft and we headed back to the Phantom Troupe base.

-----------------------------------------------

a/n: sup. i might do 2 chapters today again :D