Tyler and rose alone

"Here's my beautiful daughter" mum says and she comes up to me and hugs me.

"Hello Rachael. Hello tom" I say after mum pulls away.

"Hello honey, how's school" Rachael.

"Normal. How's work" I ask her.

"Normal" she laughs. I laugh a little to.

"You talk boring" Tyler says limping into the room.

"That wasn't a proper sentence" I reply.

"Darling, what happened" Rachael asks.

"Dip shit here, hit me in the nuts as I was trying to ask-" he gets cut off again by getting hit in the nuts, again by Taylor. "Fuck, stop doing that" Tyler says as he falls to the ground.

"Taylor, what has gotten in to you" Tom says.

"Come with me and let me explain outside" Taylor says.

"Okay" Tom says confused.

I walk to the kitchen and grab an ice pack. I walk to where Tyler in hunched over and hand it to him. "This might help" I say.

He looks at it and smiles, "you're so caring".

"Thank you" I reply.

"Your very welcome" he smiles. I think I'm starting to like this bipolar asshole.

I sit with him in the other living room and we talk whist we await drinks from mum. She walks in and winks at me when Tyler's not looking. I was shocked. She didn't think that I liked him did she. I raise my eyebrow and take the drink. I lean in and whisper, "did you put anything in this to make me act weird".

She laughs and walks away. I pout. I study the drink. It looks normal.

"Take a sip before I shove it down your throat" Tyler says.

"No no stop it" I say.

"Stop what" he asks

"I was warming up to nice Tyler" I pout.

He smiles and says, "if I ever scare you, it's not on purpose. I would never hurt you. Sorry for scaring you earlier today. I was anger. But can I ask you a question".

"Okay" I say wondering.

"Do you have a crush on Taylor" he says. Out of all the questions he could've asked, he asked that one.

"No, he hurt you. Why would somebody just hurt people like that for no reason" I say worried.

"I like you" he says.

"You said that before"I say.

"You should come to my house. We could watch a movie. As long as you don't lecture me on everything that happens. We could play video games" he says.

"Like PAC man" I say.

"If you want" he laughs.

"Sounds fun, so.... I'm new at this. Are we like friends now or" I ask him.

"I guess we are. Who would've thought I would end up being a friend with someone like you" he smiles.

"Is it a bad thing" I ask him.

"It's a good thing. I can't wait to smash you at Mario cart" he says.

"Don't be so dull. You shouldn't underestimate me. I might not know a lot of games but Mario cart is my specialty" I say.

"Ah, so you've heard of it" he says.

"It's a classic" I say.

"Do you play cod" he asks me.

"Cod, that sounds like a tampon brand. It's not a tampon brand is it. Because how could you even play that. That's just eww" I say.

"No, no no. It's full name is Call of Duty. A tampon brand, you are a funny one" he says.

"I can't tell if your laughing at me or with me" I say.

"With you. Unlike Taylor. Don't trust him. He's just try'na get in your pants" he says.

"But would you be the one trying to do that. Taylor seems more the one to date not to rape" I say.

"Rape, I've never raped a woman in my life" he says.

"No, on, no. I'm sorry that's not what I meant" I panic.

"I know, I was pulling your tail" he says.

"I don't have a tail" I say.

"You poor, poor girl" he pats me on the head. I like the feeling that this gives me. Is this what butterfly's feel like. All this is so surreal.

"You guys can share a bed or you and your brother share a bed, or your brother and rose can. The other one sleeps on couch" mum says.

"I'll sleep with rose. I'm angry at Taylor" he says. I've never shared a bed with anybody in my life.

"Okay, use protection" mum yells as she walks away.

"Mum" I yell back embarrassed.

Tyler laughs. I've gotten used to hearing him do that.

We walk to my bed and I lay down basic rules.

"Don't hug me. If I hug you. You push me off like I'm the plague. If I fart, I'm only human. And if you need to pee in the middle of the night, we have a toilet, don't use the window" I say.

"Okay, got it" Tyler laughs.

"No touchy" I say.

"Okay, okay. Stay on my side if you stay on your" he says.

"Me plague, push me away only of needed" I say.

"I understand. You the Black Death" he says.

"Aww, you know history" I say.

"Yeah" he says shyly. Is it bad I find that adorable.

"Sleep" I say.

"Sleep" he nods.