JJ (TW)

His eyes met with mine and I could just see the sadness in them. They were beautiful but so broken and fragile.

"You know you can talk to me...right?" My voice is soft and quiet, just for him to hear. I lean on the tree next to us and smile, as politely as I can.

"I trust you Y/N."

"Then tell me whats wrong. Why are you always crying, why are you always so sad, always bruised?!
I need to know JJ, I can't stand watching you like this." I frown and for the first time I glance away. Out to the tiny dirty homes around us. "Please."

He nods as his eyes fall to the ground. "My dad. My dad hits me." My face drops completely and this time I look at the bruises around his face and arms. His father did that.

"Oh JJ, why didn't you tell me this sooner? You know I would've helped." My stomach had dropped but my arms wrapped him in a attempt of comfort. His head dug into my neck and in seconds I could hear his little sobs. His arms tighten in my waist and his sniffles ceased until he pulled away.

"I don't want to go back." JJ looks at me and whispers as he wipes his face.

"You're not going to. You're coming with me JJ. And you're staying okay? You can't go back to your dad, not if he hits you."

"Y/N your father hates me he's not going to acc-"

"Bullshit. If you tell him he'll understand, I promise.But if he doesn't then you and me are leaving. Far away from here, where no one can hurt you." Our eyes meet again. The breezes blow softly around us and the chirping of birds diffuse the tension. He nods and smiles, tears breaking into his eyes again.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you JJ."