Dancemania - Piper's Perspective (Part One)

Magsimula sa umpisa

She was sure that would make Amy see her side of things, immediately admit that she was right, and apologize for taking Finn's side. Instead of an apology, however, Amy suggested in a calm tone, "Okay. So instead of telling us that, why don't you tell Finn?"

Piper stared at her best friend, dumbstruck, as Lily piped up, "Piper doesn't have to tell Finn anything she doesn't want to." As Piper and Amy both turned to her, she shrugged nonchalantly. "There are lots of things I don't tell Kingston."

"And how's that working out for you?" Amy deadpanned.

Lily's eyes narrowed, and she gave a smug smile. "We're the happiest we've ever been."

Sighing exasperatedly, Amy looked to the ceiling as if praying for patience as she said in the same calm voice, "You have to have communication in your relationship if you don't want it to fall apart. Trust me on this, okay?"

Amy's advice was all well and fine, but the last thing Piper wanted to do right now was talk to Finn.

In the lack of response, Amy gave Piper an exasperated look. "You can't expect him to read your mind and know exactly what you're feeling. Boys aren't that perceptive. You have to be upfront with him."

"Honestly, I think you should just dump his ass. Show him who's boss in the relationship, and if he doesn't like it, so what? Find someone better," Lily interjected with a shrug.

Lily's advice was even worse than Amy's. Sure, Piper was mad at Finn, but she didn't actually want to break up with him. That seemed too extreme.

The only thing she really wanted right now was for everyone to leave her alone and let her go to sleep in peace.

Amy shook her head at the two of them in frustration before turning to grab her pajamas from her suitcase and moving into the bathroom. The door shut behind her, but then it opened again a few seconds later, and Amy reappeared in the doorway, her arms crossed.

"And you know what? This isn't just about you, Piper. This show is important to me. I want to win and go on the world tour. We all do, but I think tonight proved that we can't do that if you don't put your personal issues aside. Finn's not the only one at fault here, but he is the only one owning up to it." With one last shake of the head, Amy disappeared into the bathroom once more, slamming the door shut behind her.

Piper gaped at the closed door. Lily raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side, her lips forming a firm line. "Some people are seriously overreacting tonight," she commented while returning her attention to her phone.

Piper huffed in disbelief and sank down in her bed, grabbing her phone in a desperate attempt to distract herself from the fact that her best friend had just shamelessly called her out. She wasn't sure what bothered her more- the fact that Amy was taking Finn's side over hers or the fact that Amy was right.

When Amy came out of the bathroom, Piper immediately rolled onto her side, turning her back on her best friend. Amy didn't speak to her but climbed into their bed, keeping her back to Piper in return. No one said anything as Lily wordlessly reached over and turned the light off.

Laying in the dark, Piper opened Instagram. She had reluctantly made her account public at Lily's suggestion since dancing on the show was throwing all of them into the spotlight. Piper was shocked and horrified to realize that she had gained hundreds of followers – hundreds of people she didn't know - since the show had aired.

No pressure or anything.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she went to the Dancemania hashtag to see if anyone was posting about her team's performance. Even though she knew realistically that there would be posts about them since they had won the popular vote, it still came as a shock to see so many posts of herself and her teammates in the tag. She looked at some of them and felt flattered to see that many people were saying positive things.