Finn's An Expert on Love

7x18

"The next game got delayed for another year dude. We're never going to find out what happened to Plasma after he went into the Realm of Waking."

Ozzy was shaking his head in disappointment as Finn sighed in disdain. The two of them were on their way to the locker room, and naturally, they were discussing the new Legions of Lasers game that was entering its third year of development since it was officially announced.

"But the longer it's in development, the better it'll be," Finn said optimistically.

"Or we'll end up waiting for it longer, getting our hopes up, only to be disappointed when it finally comes out," Ozzy countered, and Finn raised his eyebrows.

"You really need to work on being more positive, bro."

"I stay realistic. It's the only way to live life," Ozzy retorted with a roll of the eyes. That was big talk coming from the boy who'd been harboring an unrequited crush on Richelle for years, but Finn chose not to voice that thought out loud.

"Anyways, what'd I miss yesterday?" Ozzy asked curiously. He had gotten stuck at the eye doctor the day before and missed both A-Troupe rehearsal and the disastrous group date as a result.

"Amy and Henry are choreographing the group dance for the first round, and we chose the song we're dancing to. That's pretty much it. Oh, and we had this group date at The Next Steep, but the only thing you missed out on was Kingston and Lily arguing."

"Oh, so it was any other day then," Ozzy replied coolly. "Who all went on the group date? Kingston and Lily, you and Piper. Who else is there?"

They were nearing the locker room as Finn counted everyone off in his head. "Uh, Cleo and Jude, Richelle and Heath, and Amy and Henry were supposed to come too, but they ditched us because it was their one month. That was a whole other thing. Don't get me started." As he recalled his fight with Piper last night, Finn failed to notice the way that Ozzy had suddenly tensed.

"Wait, wait, wait," Ozzy interrupted, throwing an arm out and accidentally hitting Finn in the chest. "You mean to tell me that I miss rehearsal for one day and Richelle starts dating Heathcliff?" His nostrils flared as he uttered decisively, "I'm gonna kill him."

In hindsight, Finn should have known better than to mention to Ozzy that his longtime crush had gone on a "date" with his frenemy. Ozzy had started to stalk in the opposite direction towards Studio A, but Finn put a firm hand on his shoulder, pulling him back. "Woah, hey, we need him for Dancemania. You can't kill him now."

"He's easily replaceable. Izzy would take his spot in a heartbeat. She loves Dancemania."

"Richelle and Heath aren't dating. They're just friends," Finn told him adamantly, and Ozzy scoffed.

"Then what were they doing at a group date?"

"Honestly bro, it was barely even a date. We were all just hanging out, and like I said, Kingston and Lily started fighting an hour in, and the night never recovered."

The last thing A-Troupe needed right now was pointless drama between Ozzy and Heathcliff. Finn never should have mentioned Richelle and Heath at all. That was a mistake. He was going to have to personally apologize to Heath later because even if Ozzy decided not to kill him, Heath was never going to hear the end of this.

With a dramatic huff, Ozzy shook Finn's hand off of his shoulder and continued on toward the locker room, leaving Finn to follow behind warily. When they reached the locker room, Piper was inside, pacing back and forth. Finn immediately noticed the way she was twisting her hands in front of her, and his heart sank. That was never a good sign.