I am still standing

Start from the beginning

After their graduation Yejun joined the family business, his father was not in good health and didn’t had much time so he asked his son to just fulfill his one last wish and get married before he dies, he loved his son and wanted to see him marry. Yejun hesitated, wanted to say no, there was something that troubles him but seeing his father’s condition he did as was told and so both Yejun and Byeol got married.” Taehyung sighs.

Jungkook pays the bill as the waiter arrives and they both get off and reach the car, on the way Jungkook asks “I don’t think this is the end, there is more to it right?” His voice was still stiff, like he was still angry about what Taehyung said to him earlier.

“Yes there is more, the two got married lived an ideal life like husband and wife, Byeol gave birth to a son after two years. They were a happy family, full of love, they gave their child best care, education and everything that he needed, once their child asked them that ‘All his friends have siblings why is he only alone’ hearing it they laughed, they gave their son the reason that mommy is not in good health to have another baby but they will definitely get him siblings and one day their son found two brothers in the house, one older than him other just few months elder but shorter than him, they were so good looking the boy was in awe, he felt shy and also awkward to approach them but the eldest one took the initiative and asked his permission to be his brother, younger one simply hugged him, the boy was in tears full of joy he said yes and from then on they were together like real siblings, again can a family be as ideal as them, they were now a family of five, taking care of each other, some relatives criticized Byeol and Yejun for adopting sons but they didn’t pay attention they said love is what is needed not the bloodline to be a family.”

“The boy was so happy to have siblings that he didn’t notice how his father started to look distracted more and more, coming late to home, looked always tensed and spaced out sometimes he would smile other time just lost in thought, he was too young to understand that the voices he used to hear at night were not of television but of his parents fighting, he didn’t notice how fake his parents’ smile were becoming, how less they were paying attention to their children, they would fight each day, start distancing and using different rooms to sleep, this kept on till one day Yejun couldn’t bear it anymore and asked Byeol for divorce.” Taehyung looks away, takes off his spects and blinks a few times, wiping his eyes, then speaks a little hoarsely.

Byeol was stunned, everyone was, the children knew what it means but didn’t understand why it was happening, all they knew was they were always called ideal family, they were happy, things were going smoothly and good, their parents were school lovers what made them take this decision, what made their dad to take this decision, may be their mother knew because she slapped Yejun refusing to divorce and closed the door of her room not coming out or letting anyone in , but this resulted in Yejun leaving the house without saying her goodbye, though before he left he called his three sons to sit in front of him, he kneeled in front of them and told them that he was sorry for breaking their family but he couldn’t take it anymore, he was trying all this year but he is not happy because he doesn’t love their mother, he likes her but that’s all he does he couldn’t give her more than that, he tried to bear it for their family but then he met this person and realized what love is, what he is lacking, what he yearned for, what he actually wants and what he truly is, their mother won’t accept it but he has to take this step or else things will become more ugly for them, he wants to be brave for once which he was not since childhood, he hid his feeling he felt ashamed but now he is no more after meeting that person, he belonged to that person and wants to live together, so he has no other option but to end this marriage, there is nothing left in their love life either way, it was not much to begin with, all that they saw was their mother crazily loving him and he doing his duty as a father, he can’t deceive them anymore, so he is leaving, he will remain in their contact and asked for the forgiveness, the younger among them was still clueless to what is happening, he didn’t say a word just looked at the door as the bell rang and his dad quickly opened the door” Tears falls from Taehyung’s eyes, he suppresses the sob that tries to come out of his mouth. Jungkook listens quietly glancing from time at him.

“And…and there stood a man, the boy couldn’t understand what is happening as his dad hugged the man and the man took his luggage and patted him, saying some comforting words to him, he went numb when his father looked at them back once again, feeling ashamed and sorry, he only remembers that his hyung went forward and hugged his dad and wished him good luck and promised to take care of their family, what family the boy thought” he takes a deep breath and chuckles. Jungkook hands him water bottle that Taehyung accepts and quickly drinks from it. He clears his throat, turns to look at Jungkook, positioning his spects.

“So Jungkook, sharing things, being there for each other… is not it what friends do, Byeol and Yejun lived together for so long why are they not together anymore….because love is not forced, neither it has reasons, it happens eventually, you can wait for other person to reciprocate it but cannot force them or plan on your own, sometimes it is best to wait and be positive that this is still not the right time and as for the public figure, when you will get your love back then you will get the strength too to tell people that this is the person I love and am dating, it doesn’t matter what others think because they love you they should love your decisions too, you will feel it when it happens, you just have to wait a little more” Taehyung says assuringly, Jungkook just stares at him, they both had unshed tears, he just nods, the car stops and they get out.

Taehyung cries hard punching the wall until his wound starts to bleed again, he realizes it and backs away and quickly comes out of the shower, wearing clothes he looks for bandage, tying it up and then starts packing his bag they have a flight early morning and he still has not done the packing, he sniffles and does his work, then lies on his bed, his roommate was already snoring, deep in sleep, he lies down turning the light off.

Jungkook and Taehyung gets in the elevator, they remain quiet just as the elevator was about to stop Jungkook asks in a hurry “What…what is the name of that boy?” he has a look of concern and hesitation.

Taehyung looks at him and smiles bitterly “I thought you figured it out yourself” he walks out of the elevator.

“His name is Taehyung Kim” Taehyung says and the elevator closes giving only a little glimpse of Jungkook’s shocked and crumbled face.

Taehyung quickly opens the light and sits up, he couldn’t sleep.

_____________

(Notes from Taehyung’s Journal)

What should I tell you about feelings and how to understand yours too when we both have our equal shares of pain and sufferings, maybe when I will know love in real I will understand my father as for my mother what wrong did she do to suffer is still unknown to me, how can I talk to my dad when I know he is one of the reason for her being like this, but is he truly the reason, all he needed was to be a little brave but did he actually had knowledge about it….all these things keeps bugging my mind making me distance myself from the two, this was also another reason I wanted to refrain from these feelings all I have seen is, it gives pain, is not our life painful enough.

It is still too hard thinking back of that moment and facing the two but that’s how life is we make mistakes and learn from it, my mother though…..I just wish her good health, sometimes I feel if it was not for my brothers would I have survived it back then, I don’t know whether I tell them this enough but I am really thankful to them.

Thank you Jin Hyung and Jimin, without you I would have been a lost child.

While writing this I got a text from Jungkook “Sorry doc, please sleep well”

You too Jungkook, Sleep Well!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹