Chapter 3

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is December 9th, 2020. If you like kylo ren I BEG OF YOU to go read kassanovela's book Little Bird. It is the best thing I have ever read in my entire life. The way she uses her descriptions, imagery, and painful conveying of emotions is chilling. The last two chapters had me sobbing into a pillow, trying to muffle my cries because I was so emotionally invested in it. Please read. It's amazing.

Warnings: Talk of abandonment by parents for sexual orientation

also this is a short chapter its just a filler chapter

"So, Robin, tell me about yourself. What's your backstory?" Y/n asks, leaning on the counter as the timer ticks. 

"Well," she begins, "I'm Robin Buckley. I am 19 years old. I guess you could consider me an orphan as well, although my parents aren't dead."

Y/n looks at her, confused. Robin sighs. "My parents found out that my 'best friend' wasn't just my best friend. They caught us kissing and...disowned me."

Y/n gasps and reaches over the counter, taking Robin's hand delicately. "I'm so sorry."

Robin shrugs it off. "It's fine. They weren't all that great anyway. Besides, the friends that I have now are so much better. I'm hoping to leave Hawkins one day and go to college. I want to be an art major."

Y/n smiles at her. "That's amazing. Tell me more about your friends, they sound great."

Robin smiles bashfully. "Well, the oldest ones are Steve Harrington, me, Nancy Wheeler, and Jonathan Byers. We're all 19. Then we have the Freshaman 14 year olds, which are Mike Wheeler, Max Mayfield, Eleven Hopper, Will Byers, Lucas Sinclair, and Dustin Henderson. Then, somehow, we have the 11 year old, Erica Sinclair. It's a big group, but that's the only way we'll manage."

Y/n leans in, her ears pricking up. "Manage what? And Eleven is an odd name."

Robin pales. "Just daily life. And what with the mall burning down last year. I don't know if you've heard about it, but our mall caught fire and burned down. One person died and it was actually Max's brother, Billy. wow that hurt to write im still really at myself for what i did in Fued (my other stranger things series

"And Eleven is just a nickname we have for her. Her real name is Jane, but nobody calls her that," Robin explains. Y/n nods slowly, the wheels in her brain turning, but she remains silent, not wishing to stir suspicion as her heart rate picks up.

The timer begins beeping, and taking an oven mitt, Robin pulls the baking sheet out with a proud grin. "Ta-da!" She sings happily.

Y/n claps. "Bravo! Bravo!" Taking a spatula, they serve up the pizza bites and settle on the couch in front of the t.v. Y/n pops in the French film and it begins playing.

They sit in a comfortable silence, balancing watching the action with reading the subtitles with stuffing their face with food. Stars twinkle outside against the dark contrast and Y/n grabs a blanket, throwing it over her and Robin casually.

Robin glances at her and blushes, saying nothing. They sit in happy silence as the rest of the movie plays out. The credits start rolling and Y/n sighs, stretching out. "That was actually much better than I thought it would be."

"It was surprisingly good," Robin agrees. She looks out the windows at the stars.

Y/n follows her gaze and smiles. "I couldn't see stars like this in the la- orphange," she says, correcting herself.

"Hawkins truly is beautiful." Y/n stands up and walks into the kitchen, pulling out two packets.

"Do you know how to make hot chocolate?" She asks. Robin grins and rushes over, snatching the packets and grabbing some mugs.

Grabbing some milk from the fridge, she pours it into the mugs and microwaves the milk, taking then out and stirring the powder in. Handing a mug to Y/n, they head out to the tiny balcony hanging off the back of the apartment. 

Y/n grabs the blanket and throws it around her and Robin's shoulders. She tenses and scoots closer just a smidge, sipping the cocoa. "Oh, wow! This is really good," she gushes.

Robin laughs. "I know, right!" And so they stand there, wrapped in a blanket and drinking cocoa, gazing out at the twinkling stars.