Epilogue

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is February 4th, 2021. Yes, you read the chapter title correctly. I was not expecting it to close this early. I don't know what else to do (I always knew I wanted this book to be short) and I think it would be best to just end it. I love you all so much and really hope you'll stick with me for my next batch of fanfiction, which I will be announcing at the end of this chapter!

ok so gay marriage wasnt legalized until 2017, but that did not stop gay couples from getting married. it wasnt technically legal, but they still happened.

Y/n wakes up to the feeling of Robin's warm, slowed breath fanning over her shoulder as Robin's arms are anchored over Y/n, the little spoon. She opens her eyes and looks around the dark van. She checks the clock on the wall above her and sees that it is 8:34 am in England, and technically, the sun should be rising, but the fog clogs up the streams of light.

She turns on her side and faces her sleeping wife. Gently placing her lips on Robin's, she kisses her until she wakes up. Robin's blue eyes open lazily, smirking into the kiss. They break and grin at each other. "Good morning," Robin says.

"Good morning to you," Y/n replies, flipping Robin over, making her the little spoon and nestling her face in the crook of her neck. "Another glorious morning in England. There is the healthy dose of fog, and you are whiter than you have ever been. And me? Well, I'm still s/t. Today, we head into London to stock up on groceries and explore Oxford University. Which means," she hauls both her and Robin to sit up, who groans in protest. "That we need to get up."

"Idon'twannagetup," Robin mumbles, flopping back down. Y/n crawls on top of her and kisses the tip of her nose, hovering over her.

"Come on, darling. Up we go. I'll make some coffee for us, ok?" Y/n offers as she climbs over the bed and over to the counter, where she pulls out the hot plate, water, and some coffee grounds.

Robin begins dressing herself in her outfit for the day, and throws a pair of clothes at Y/n. "When we get to town, can we have breakfast sandwiches? When we were driving through I thought I saw a cute coffee shop," she comments.

"Yeah, sure," Y/n says, handing the coffee to Robin. They open the back doors of the van and sit on the bed, looking over the wide valley in Richmond's park that they are staying in. After drinking their coffee, they set off out of the valley to Oxford, Robin in the drivers seat and Y/n in the passenger. 

And as Robin pulled onto the road and spun the steering wheel with the palm of her hand, her numerous rings colliding with the leather of the wheel, Y/n couldn't help but stare at and admire her wife's beauty. The gloomy overcast weather cast shadows over Robin's freckles, and yet her blue eyes shined out over the darkness.

After winding through the mountains, they make it to town and drive over the large bridge. Turning left, they park their turqoise van in front of a beautiful coffee shop right on the promenade. The elaborate trim is painted a dark brown, almost black, and the sign is written in swirly gold letter. The inside has mostly a comforting, inviting white/cream tone. The girls step inside and order some some lattes and breakfast sandwiches.

After being served, they head out to the back deck/garden that overlooks the soft but ever-moving river. They eat in a peaceful silence, one hand always intertwined with the other's. They finish up their breakfast and head back into the van. Y/n grabs a map and begins guiding Robin through the narrow streets until they reach the magnificent and lavish Oxford University.

 Y/n grabs a map and begins guiding Robin through the narrow streets until they reach the magnificent and lavish Oxford University