Chapter 1

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is December 3rd, 2020. I always thought I was Cottagecore, but I realized that I am light and dark Academia. It feels very good to know what I like and be able to place it into a category.

Y/n sighs as she folds up the last cardboard box and throws it in the pile. "Finally. I'm unpacked." She surveys her apartment. "There really wasn't much to unpack, anyways, though."

She takes her hair out of the ponytail and fluffs it, admiring the purple streaks running through her h/c hair. As it is Spring, there's a little chill outside, so she puts on her jacket and makes her way outside.

 As it is Spring, there's a little chill outside, so she puts on her jacket and makes her way outside

Y/n doesn't have a car yet, so she soaks up the greenery of Hawkins on her way to town

Y/n doesn't have a car yet, so she soaks up the greenery of Hawkins on her way to town. As expected, people are staring at her wildly. Her hair and the large sword labeled "lesbian" draws lots of eyes, of course.

She ignores them happily, however, making her way down the sidewalk and into the grocery store to stock her new fridge. After picking up food and water, she spots a Blockbuster, and decides a movie might be nice for her first night. A nice way to relax before the hunt begins.

Y/n crosses the street and opens the door, a bell attached the door chiming loudly. A man with wild hair, he must be 19 or so, is slumped on the counter, clearly bored. He perks up at the sound and his faw drops when he sees Y/n.

He immediately fixes his posture and throws on a sleazy grin. "Hey there, gorgeous. I'm Steve Harrington. I haven't seen you around here before."

Y/n tries her best to bite back her giggles, but hearty laughter slips past her lips and she breaks down laughing in front of him. Steve watches her with a confused smile. "What's so funny?"

Oh, I'm so sorry, Steve, was it?" She calms down. Yes, I am new. I just moved here. I'm Y/n. But, um, I don't think we would work."

"Why, Y/n?"

She turns around and flashes him the back of her jacket. "I like boobs, dude. Sorry."

Steve's jaw drops again, but he quickly closes it, regaining his posture, but with less flirt. "No, it's okay. I do like boobs, too. Clearly," he mutters to himself. "Um, my best friend is gay, too, so it's all good."

Y/n smiles at him and begins browing the shelves. An alarm chimes and he looks at the time. "Huh. It's time for me to clock out, but my friend can help you check out. Later, Y/n."

"Hey, Harrington!" She calls out. He looks at her. "Don't be a stranger. Having some friends here sounds nice." She smiles warmly at him, and he smiles back, exiting the store.

The back door swings open and a beautiful dirty blonde woman walks through, two tendrils curled and framing her face, her hair pulled back into a bun. Sweet sun-kissed freckles dot her face, and her plump lips are tinted a strawberry shade.

Y/n's gold orbs lock on the woman's blue ones. Time seems to freeze and the air becomes condensed, stifling the woman's breathing.

Y/n blinks and the air returns to it's natural state, the girl taking a deep breath. "Hi," she speaks up, her voice ringing out.

"Hi," Y/n responds. "I'm Y/n. I just moved here."

"Robin. I-I'm Robin," she stutters, her eyes flicking over Y/n's body. "I love your hair."

Y/n smiles and laughs a little. "Thank you. Everyone else found it eccenric."

"I think it's amazing." The stare at each other again, small lazy smiles on their face. This time, Robin snaps out of the trance first. "Can I help you check anything out?"

Y/n hands the movie she absentmindly grabbed to her. "What is it about?" Robin asks.

Y/n blushes. "I- I don't know. I don't even know what I picked up."

Robin's laughter tinkles out and she turns it over, mulling over the description. "It seems like tonight you will be watching a... depressing French film about murder." yes this was a dash and lily reference leave my lonely self...well- alone-

Y/n laughs. "Alright. I will watch it avidly with particular interest."

"Come back and let me know how it went."

Y/n leans on the counter. "Or you could watch it with me."

Robin pales. "I- I hardly know you."

Y/n lays her hands out. "There isn't much to know. I'm Y/n L/n, I'm 19 years old, I'm an orphan with no living family and I moved to Hawkins for a fresh start. I was home-schooled, so I've never really been exposed to people, but that doesn't matter to me." She motions to her hair. "Clearly."

Robin runs over her options in her head. "I- okay. Okay, sure."

Y/n grabs a piece of paper from the counter and scribbles on it. "This is my address and my phone number. Does 6:30 work?"

Robin opens and closes her mouth in shock. Could she really be flirting with her and inviting her on a possible date? There's no way she's gay, too, though. "Okay. Perfect."

She writes her number down on a piece of paper as well and hands it to Y/n. "I'll see you tonight?"

"See you tonight, Robin." Y/n winks, grabs her movie, and leaves the store. 

Robin catches the lesbian sword on the back of her jacket and breaks out into a beam, jumping around and squealing. Little did she know that the minute Y/n was out of sight, she did the exact same too.