Chapter 9

Recap:

They nod and grab me a cup. "Hi," I hear and I look to my left and my eyes connect with Tobin's and my heart starts racing.

"Hey," I reply as I look back down at my drink.

"Great job up there," Tobin says and I just nod.

"Can Christen and I talk to you?" Tobin asks and I look back at her.

I look behind her and I see Christen.

"Sure."
———

Present

Erin's POV:

I follow Tobin and my eyes connect with Ali's. She send me a worry look and I just send her a reassuring smile.

Christen is standing outside the reception and Tobin stands next to her. "You both look beautiful," I tell them and I smile appears on both of their faces.

"We're sorry," Christen says and I just wait for either of them to continue.

"What we did was terrible and it never should of happened," Tobin says and I clench my jaw.

"Why did you guys do it?" I ask and they both get nervous.

"We started to develop feeling for each other," Tobin says and my heart sinks as I look down at the ground.

"But I still loved you," Christen says and my head snaps back up to look at her.

"What?" I ask in shock.

"I loved you and I still do," Christen says and my heart starts racing again.

I look between them. "So did you love Tobin more?" I ask and Christen shakes her head.

"I loved both of you equally," Christen tells me.

"So why didn't you just talk to me then?" I ask angrily, "Why wouldn't you just-," I start but Tobin cuts me off.

"Because we were scared," Tobin says and I get confused.

"Scared of what?" I ask and Tobin and Christen look at each other.

"Of telling you the truth," Christen says and I look at them waiting.

"I love you," Tobin say and I look at her in shock.

"You-you love me?" I ask Tobin and she nods.

"But, but you," I start to say and nothing comes out.

"This is why," Christen says as Tobin looks down.

I run my fingers through my hair debating to tell them what I am feeling. "Please say something," Tobin says and my heart breaks at her quiet voice.

"I have had feelings for you since high school, Tobin," I say and she quickly looks up and Christen looks at me with wide eyes, "I never told you because you were with someone else. Then you came into my life, Christen. I started have feelings for you and I fell in love with you. I loved Tobin too. I just thought you were the one, Chris."

"You love both of us?" Christen asks me and I nod.

"You both broke my heart, but my feelings never left," I say and they smile, "But this doesn't mean that I forgive you."

"We know, but just finding this out," Christen says quickly and the next thing I know she hugs me.

I freeze for a second, but tentatively wrap my arms around her. All the comfort that I felt from Christen comes rushing back.

Christen let's go and I look at Tobin. I walk to her and bring her into my embrace. "I'm so sorry," Tobin says as she reciprocates the hug.

"I know," I tell her.

I pull away and look at the both of them. "I think for right now we need to take it slow. It's going to take some time," I say and they both nod.

"We understand," Tobin says.

"I kept this," Christen says holding up her hand.

I then realize that it's the ring she was wearing when I saw them at the game. "The engagement ring," I say quietly and Christen smiles.

"Erin!" I hear and I turn to see Ashlyn, "My wife would like a dance."

I chuckle as I turn to face Tobin and Christen who are smiling. "I talk to you guys later," I say and I turn around and make my way back to the reception.

"Finally," Ali says pulling me into the dance floor.

"This is a slow song," I say as we start dancing.

"I know, but I needed to talk to you," Ali says making me chuckle.

"I actually thought you wanted to dance," I say making her lightly slap my shoulder.

"I do, but we need to talk about you know who. What happened?" Ali asks.

"They apologized," I whisper, "And they both said that they love me."

Ali's eyes go wide at my words. "Are you serious?" She asks me and I nod, "Do you love them?"

I behind Ali and I see Christen and Tobin looking at us with smiles. "Yeah," I say and I look back at Ali.

Ali smiles at my words. "If they hurt you again I swear it will be worse than last time," she says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What did you do last time?" I ask her.

"Let's just say that Hope, Ashlyn, and Alyssa weren't so nice to them," Ali says making me laugh.

"Good to know you all have my back," I tell her.

"Always."
————————————————————————
Here is the second update today. I didn't want you all to wait. I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!