Chapter 8

Recap:

"Do you want to go to the after party with me?" Khelani asks me.

I look at Willow and she nods. "I'll reschedule the flight for tomorrow," she tells me and I smile.

Then I look at Khelani, "Let's go."
———

Present

Erin's POV:

I walk into my hotel room at 3am to come face to face with my best friend. "You are back later than usual," Willow says as I close the door.

"It's a party, what did you expect?" I ask as I take off my jacket.

I sit down at the edge of the bed as I prepare for Willow's question. "Drugs?" She asks first.

"Nope."

"Alcohol?"

"Nope."

"Sex?"

"Nope."

"Alright, good job," she says as she kisses my head.

Willow always does that and I really appreciate it. It really keeps me in check with everything.

"Some people do want to collaborate though," I tell her as I walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Great, by the way the flight at six. So just change into comfortable clothes and you can sleep on the plane," I hear Willow say outside the bathroom.

I groan quietly at her words. "Suck it up buttercup," Willow says and my eyes go wide.

"How did you hear me?" I ask her.

"Superpowers," Willow responds making me roll my eyes.

I finish my shower and change into comfortable clothes. I yawn as I put my hair in a bun then walk out of the bathroom. "Have you talked to Henry?" I ask as I put my things into my bag.

"Yeah, him and Alaina are okay. Alaina misses you though," Willow says making me smile.

"The sooner we get back, the sooner I can be with her," I say and Willow smiles.

"Then let's go," Willow says as she grabs her bags.

I grab my bags and follow her out of the hotel room. Once we get to the lobby we go to the back exit where Jax is with the car. "Thank you, Jax," I say as we get into the car.

"Henry also picked up your suit for the wedding yesterday," Willow says as we'll pull out of the parking lot.

"Sweet, the red is going to look nice," I say with a smile as I lean my head on Willow's shoulder.

After ten minutes we arrive at the airport. Three body guards exit the airport to come help Willow and I. Once we are out Jax stands in front as we walk to our flight.

"Finally," I say as I collapse into the chair.

Willow chuckles as she sits next to me. "Do I have anything scheduled for when we get back?" I ask Willow.