Chapter 6

Recap:

I hand the phone to Willow and smile and she and my brother start talking. I lean my head back on Willow's shoulder and close my eyes.

My mind starts thinking about all the painful things I have gone through to get to where I am today. The only reason I pushed through everything was only because of one person.

My daughter.
———

Present

Christen's POV:

I sigh sadly as The Tonight Show ends. "We have put her through so much," I say as Tobin sits next to me, "She has been through hell because of us."

"We're her daughters favorite players," Tobin says with a small smile.

"We messed up," I say as I lean into Tobin's side.

"We should of talked to her first," Tobin says as she wraps an arm around me.

"I hope she was invited to the wedding. We need to talk her," I say and Tobin kisses the top of my head.

"I can cal Ash tomorrow and ask. How does that sound?" Tobin asks as she looks at me.

"Sounds good," I tell her and she smiles.

Tobin pulls me into a gentle kiss which makes me smile. "I love you, Chris," Tobin says as she pulls away.

"I love you too, Tobs."
———

Day after Tonight Show

Erin's POV:

I yawn as Jax opens the door. "Are you alright Erin?" Jax asks me as I step.

"Yes, just very tired," I say and he nods worriedly, "I promise."

After that, Jax starts helping me bring my bags inside my house. "Thank you Jax," I say once we finish.

"Of course. I will see you tomorrow. If you need me any time before just let me know," Jax says and I give him a thumbs up.

Jax leaves and I collapse onto the couch. I sigh in content as I close my eyes. I'm about to fall asleep when someone bangs on my door. My eyes go wide as I stumble off the couch. "Coming!" I shout as I walk over.

"Mama!" Alaina shouts as I open the door.

"Lanie!" I shout the same making her giggle.

I crouch down and Alaina jumps into my arms. I run my fingers through her blond hair as I hold her. "I miss you," Alaina says into my shoulder making me smile.

"I missed you too Princess," I say and I hear her giggle quietly.

I stand back up still holding Alaina as she lays her head on my shoulder. "Hey," I say pulling my brother into a hug, "Thank you."

"No problem. You know I love taking care of my niece," he says and I look to see Alaina looking at Henry with a smile.

"Willow and I are going out. Do you need anything before I head out?" Henry asks as he hands me Alaina's bag.