Chapter 3

Recap:

Henry then gets in the car and stays quiet. He knows when I don't want to talk and I'm happy that he understands. We start driving back to the hotel when I realize something.

Was Christen wearing a ring?
———

Present

Erin's POV:

"This sucks," I say as erase everything I just wrote down.

"Hey, calm down," Zayn says sitting on the couch in front of me, "Write whatever is on your mind. It doesn't have to be perfect."

"There's just so much and it's becoming a mess," I say frustrated.

"What happened?" Zayn ask and I look at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Something happened and it's bothering you, so talk to me. Get it off your chest," he says and I sigh leaning back into the chair.

"I talked to Christen and Tobin when I sang at the game," I say and Zayn's eyes go slightly wide, "I told them what happened to me after everything, they found out about Alaina, they are still together, and I think that they are married or are engaged. I'm angry, hurt, and just scared."

"Wow, I'm so sorry Rin. They both majorly messed up," he says as he writes things down.

I look at him confused, "What are you doing? Being a therapist?"

Zayn chuckles and hands me the piece of paper. "I wrote down you're feelings and gave you ideas," he says as I take the paper.

I look over it and I smile. "This is great Zayn, thank you," I tell him as I start to write some lyrics down.

"Also, how did they not know about Alaina? Anyone who pays attention to you on the internet knows about her," Zayn asks and I shrug.

"Beats me."

"Hello everyone," Kendall says as she and the other girls walk in.

"Hey, guys," Zayn says but I concentrate on what I'm writing.

"Rin?" I hear Hailey say making me look up to see everyone looking at me.

"Hey," I say with a small smile.

Right after I go back to writing. I hear them start to talk but I block everything out. After about an hour someone pulls up a chair next to me. I'm tapping my pencil on the table and they grab my hand.

I look up and my eyes connect with Bella's. "You need to relax," she says as she takes the pencil out of my hand and sets it on the table.

"I can't," I say as I reach for the pencil but Bella grabs it and throws it across the room.

I groan as I stand up but I stop when I see Zayn, Hailey, Gigi, and Kendall all glaring at me. "Fine," I huff as I sit back down.

"You need a break, Erin. These past couple of days have been chaotic for you," Hailey says and I sigh looking at the table.

"We know you have things coming up, but when was the last time you spent the entire day with Alaina?" Gigi asks me.

I think about it and groan as I place my face in my hands. "You need to go home Erin. You need to take a break and spend time with your daughter," Bella says as she rubs my back.

"Alright," I say standing up, "Thanks guys."

They all give me a smile and help me grab my things. "You guys going back to LA?" I ask as I'm about to leave.

"Yeah, we leave tomorrow, but we'll see you soon," Zayn says and I nod.

"I'll tell Alaina you guys say hi," I say as I hug them, "Bye guys."

"Bye Rin."

I make my way out of my studio and to my car. I make my way home and once I do I quickly grab my things and make my way inside. "Mama!" Alaina shouts as she jumps off the couch.

"Hey, Princess," I say with a bright smile as she runs into my arms.

"Erin? I thought you wouldn't be back till later," my mom says as she walks over.

"I decided that I need to spend time with this one," I say as I lift my daughter up and tickle her stomach.

Alaina starts laughing and my smile grows. "Mama! Stop!" My daughter yells while laughing.

I chuckle and kiss her head before stopping. I set Alaina back on the ground and she rushes back into the living room. "How's the writing coming along?" My mom asks as I follow her into the kitchen.

"Honestly, a little rough. Zayn was able to help me though so I'm off to a start," I say as my mom hands me a cup of water.

"Thanks Mom," I say as I drink it.

"Welcome Sweetheart," she says as she continues to cook dinner.

"Where's Dad?" I ask her.

"He went out to grab the rest of the ingredients I need for the lasagna," she says and I smile at her words.

"You're making your famous lasagna?" I ask as I stand next to her.

"I am," she say while chuckling as I do a little celebration dance.

"I'm back!" My dad shouts as he enters my house.

"Grandpa!" I hear Alaina shout.

I laugh I hear them. "Hey Dad," I say as my dad walks into the kitchen.

"Erin?" He says in shock but with a smile, "I didn't know you were back."

"I decided I needed to spend time with everyone," I tell him and he smiles.

"Well, good thing Henry is on his way," My dad says and I smile.

"So, what do you have scheduled for next week?" My dad asks as he sets the ingredients down.

"I have a photoshoot in New York and then the day after I have The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. After that I get to stay home and work in the studio," I say as my mom starts getting the food ready.

"Mama, can you come here?" I hear Alaina ask from the living room.

I walk over and see her looking at me with a bright smile. "Look," she says pointing at the TV.

I tense slightly when I see Utah playing Portland. "Of course," I say quietly when Alaina taps me.

"Watch with me?" Alaina asks me and I softly smile.

"Always," I say and she smiles brightly as I sit on the couch.

Alaina snuggles herself into my side and I wrap my arm around her. "Look, Mama! It's Pressy!" Alaina says excitingly and my heart sinks, "She pretty."

"She's beautiful," I say and Alaina's smile grows.

Tobin then appears on the TV and my heart races. "Toby!" Alaina says happily.

I shake my head as I look away when the door opens. "What's up familia!" Henry says happily as he enters.

"Hi, Uncle Heny," Alaina says as she sits up.

"Hey, Munchkin," Henry says as he sits next to her.

I smile as they start interacting with each other. I hear cheers from the screen to see that Portland scored. I smile softly as I watch Tobin run to Christine Sinclair.

I get a notification on my phone saying that my mail has been dropped off. I go outside to my mailbox and grab everything. I start looking through it as I walk back but I freeze when I see an envelope. I grow confused and I open it.

I start reading it and my body goes rigid.

We would like to invite you to the wedding of Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger.
————————————————————————
Well, Erin's been invited to the Ashlyn's and Ali's wedding, we'll see how that goes. I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!