CHAPTER 1

It was a sunny morning in Florida. Everyone was busy doing what they love most. There was a young woman named Danielle. She was admiring her wedding portrait with her husband, Dominic. Danielle sighed and sat down on the recliner in the living room. Danielle and Dominic are very rich and wealthy. They had been married for 3 years but with no kids.
   Danielle looked at Dominic saying, “I know I promised to give you a family....but I really don't know what's happening to me.”  She started sobbing, “Am I not supposed to be a mother Dominic? What do other people do to get pregnant that we haven't done? I just know that I would be a great mother.”
Dominic sat beside her and pulled her close. “Danielle, listen to me, you would be a great mother and I know that. Do not worry about other people, let's just face ourselves.”
Danielle wiped her tears and looked at him. “I just want you to promise me that you would never give up on me Dominic, cause I don't want to loose you.”
Dominic hugged her and said, “Danielle, I would never give up on you.” He planted a soft kiss on her forehead.
        Two months later, Danielle was in her room cleaning when she felt nauseous and started throwing up. Dominic wasn't at home but her maids were. Immediately, Danielle called Dominic.
    “Hello Danielle.”
   “Dominic, you have to come home now. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just threw up.” She said sobbing.
   “Oh my God Danielle, you need to go to the hospital right away. I'll call the doctor and I'll be on my way now.”
    “Just hurry up please, I'm scared.” Danielle hung up, grabbed her car keys sluggishly and drove to the hospital.
She slumped when she got into the doctors office and everything was blurry. The doctor immediately performed some tests and was waiting for the results when Dominic rushed in.
The Doctor whose name was Nikki, led Dominic to where Danielle was lying down. She was just waking up. Dominic ran to meet her asking, “How are you feeling now? I was so scared when I heard you on the phone.”
Danielle sniffed and said, “I was scared too.”
Dominic looked at Nikki and asked, “What happened to her?”
Doctor Nikki smiled and said, “We ran a few tests on Danielle cause she collapsed immediately she got here.....well...congratulations you two, Danielle is five weeks pregnant.”
Danielle and Dominic could not believe their ears, Dominic immediately hugged Danielle saying, “You are going to be a mother Danielle.”
Danielle was already crying. “Dominic, you are going to be a father. We are going to be parents.” Then she kissed him.
Doctor Nikki continued, “Well from the tests, it shows that the baby is in great condition even after the fall. All that matters now is for you to do some exercises. You might experience morning sickness, but make sure not to stress yourself. You are free to go home, but come in eighteen weeks time, so as to determine the sex of your child.” Then she hugged Danielle, “Congratulations once again and to you Dominic.” Then she excused herself from the room.”
Danielle sat up saying, “I can't believe this is happening Dominic. The Lord has finally answered our prayers. We are going to be parents.”
Dominic pulled her close saying, “I told you Danielle, that you didn't have to worry too much,that our child will come at the right time.”
Danielle held his hands saying, “No matter what happens, as long as you are by my side, I'll always be happy.” Then Dominic helped her out of the bed and drove her home.

One month  later, Dominic and Danielle went to the hospital to know the sex of their child. She was already having her bump. Doctor Nikki welcomed them and told them to wait in the inner room. She later came in with some instruments and switched on the ultrasound machine.
Doctor Nikki told her to raise her top up and she placed a gel on the bump and moved the ultrasound transducer round it. The ultrasonographer then scanned the image of the baby on the screen.
Doctor Nikki pointed to the screen and said, “There are your children Mr and Mrs Thompson.”
Danielle was confused and asked, “What do you mean by children Doctor?”
Nikki smiled and pointed to the screen once again saying, “You are having twin baby girls.”
Danielle open her mouth wide and was out of words...“You mean...I....I'm....oh....”
Nikki nodded, “Yes, you are having twins.”
Danielle looked at Dominic who smiled back at her,“We are having twins.”
Dominic nodded and said, “I'm so happy Danielle.”
Danielle looked at Nikki asking, “Doctor, can you print out a copy of the ultrasound, I want to look at my babies till they are brought into this world.”
Nikki nodded and said, “Yes, I'll see to that immediately. Meanwhile you can get dressed. I'll get back to you.” Then she left the room.
Danielle dressed up immediately and went into Doctor Nikki's office with Dominic. She gave Danielle a copy of the ultrasound of her babies.

 She gave Danielle a copy of the ultrasound of her babies

Danielle looked at her babies and smiled hard. She clutched it to her chest.
Doctor Nikki continued, “Just make sure not to stress yourself Danielle and do come for regular check up. Both you and your kids are in good condition so you have nothing to worry about.”
Dominic stood up and said, “Thank you so much Nikki, I'll make sure she's okay.” Then they left the hospital.
Danielle quickly changed into a white short gown and sat on her bed. She was looking at her children in the picture. She smiled and looked at her bump saying, “I'm going to bring you two treasures into this world and I'll make sure you have a good life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you my babies.”

Dominic came in with a glass of water and gave it to her

Dominic came in with a glass of water and gave it to her. Danielle drank the water and said, “Dominic, I really can't believe we are having twins.”
Dominic looked at the kids on the picture and said, “They are the key that brings us together and I'll forever treasure them once they are in this world.”
Danielle leaned against him and said, “They are so tiny though.” Then they both laughed

Months passed and Danielle's bump was growing till it was the ninth month and time for her to go into labor.

TO BE CONTINUED........