Chapter 25

The next Monday, Stacy got dressed in her best outfit. She wore a sleeveless black gown with a black leather jacket on it. She wore a block heels and left her hair dangling after curling it. She took her bag and looked at the address of the company she was going to. She sighed deeply as she was finally going to meet her real parents. She locked her room and walked down the stairs. She met Freddy and Shannon along with Lucille in the living room.
  “Damn it.” She muttered to herself.
Shannon whooped, “Oh wow...there's my favorite sister...all dressed corporate for work.”
Stacy smiled, “I learnt all from uncle Freddy.”
Freddy adjusted his tie, “Come on Stacy, let's go.”
Stacy was about to say something when Lucille said, “Come over here Stacy, I have something important to discuss with you....I promise it won't take long Freddy.” He nodded and Lucille led Stacy to the kitchen.
   “Mother, are you okay?” Stacy asked when they got to the kitchen.
Lucille looked at her and smiled. She placed her hands on Stacy's shoulders saying, “You have grown so well.” Then she removed her hands and wrapped Stacy's palm in her hands saying, “No matter what happens Stacy, no matter where you find yourself....I am glad and proud to say I was the mother who raised you well.”
Stacy noticed the tears forming in her eyes and said, “Mother, I love you so much. I'm so proud to say you are my mother....don't worry about anything....nothing would happen.” She wiped the tears from her eyes and hugged her tightly. She pulled away from the hug and went to meet Freddy waiting in his car. She sighed as she entered and they left the house.
    Inside the car, as they were going, Stacy asked, “Uncle Freddy, can I ask for a favour?”
Freddy responded and she continued, “I won't follow you to the office today....can you drop me off at the next bus stop?”
Freddy didn't say a word but drove to the next bus stop. He parked and looked at her. She avoided his eyes and he said, “Whatever you want to do Stacy, just do it right.”
Stacy looked at him and nodded saying, “Thank you so much. Have a great day at work.” She nodded and came down. She waved as he drove off. She opened her phone and looked at the address of the company. She entered a bus and waited till it was full. After a while, it started moving.
She sat beside the window and rested her head on the window.
    “I'll be meeting my parents today. How will they feel when they see me? I know they miss me so much. I still love my mother and father, but I need to know my real parents.” 
She sighed and turned her face to her right side. She saw two twins sitting beside her talking and laughing together. She smiled and tapped the one beside her asking, “Hi, I'm Stacy, what's your name?”
The girl answered cheerfully, “I'm Kyra.”
Kyra continued, “And here's my twin sister Kayla.”
She smiled at both of them and asked, “How does being a twin feels like?”
Kyra answered, “I love my sister so much. We are supportive of each other, we do things together and we stand up for each other.”
Kayla nodded, “Yes, that's what being a twin is all about. I remember when I and Kyra went to a new college, I was been bullied but they never knew Kyra was at my back...she stood up for me.”
Stacy nodded, “Yes...I love that. You two should always stand by each other okay.....” They nodded and she turned back to her window.
    “Why does my own sister hate me?”

   The bus halted and she came down. It was 10:30am already. She wore black shades, entered and met the receptionist. Before she could say a word, the receptionist said, “Hello, I'm Jane...what can I help you with ma'am?”
She thought of what to say and she removed her shades, “I want to see my parents ”
Jane looked up and was startled to see Olivia, “Oh ma'am Olivia, I didn't realize it was you...pardon my manners. Your father is having a brief meeting with some clients, he'll be done soon.....and your mom isn't here yet ”
Stacy nodded and Jane asked, “Is there anything I can offer you ma'am...while you wait for your dad?”
Stacy shook her head and she sat down. After a while the receptionist got a call from Dominic to bring him coffee. She spoke immediately, “Sir, your daughter is here too....alright sir...I'll come with her.” She dropped the phone, made the coffee and said to Stacy, “Come with me ma'am Olivia.” Stacy stood up immediately and followed her.

Meanwhile, Danielle yelled, “Olivia come out now! Remember the visit we have to pay your dad at the company today! It's getting late!!”
Olivia came out dressed in a suit and said, “Relax mom, I was getting formal okay...come on let's go.” Danielle smiled at her, “I love how you are taking this....I'm sure your dad would be so proud of you.” Olivia smiled and they entered Danielle's car and left the house.

Stacy stopped at the entrance of her dad's office. Jane noticed and asked, “Is anything wrong ma'am?”
Stacy quickly thought of something, “Go ahead, tell my dad I'll be right in....I have to pick a call.” Then she brought out her phone and Jane went to give her dad his coffee. Few minutes later, Jane came out and left. Stacy was scared as she brought her hand close to the door handle. She removed her hand and sighed. She paced for a while and said to herself, “Here goes nothing.” 
Then she opened the door slowly. Her dad was receiving a phone call backing her. Tears began to form in her eyes as she saw him. She walked slowly and stopped. She was holding her tears seriously.

Olivia and Danielle entered the company and Jane greeted Danielle. She looked at Olivia and asked, “Oh ma'am Olivia, when.....”
Olivia cut her short and blurted out, “Oh please shut it...I didn't come here to talk or receive compliments.”
Danielle hit her softly and whispered, “Stop that Olivia...stop being rude....let's go.” Olivia scoffed and they left the reception to Dominic's office.

Dominic finished receiving his call and turned to Stacy. He sipped part of his coffee and said, “I'm surprised you are early Olivia, thought you would come with your mom.”
Stacy was just staring at her dad. Dominic walked towards her, “Are you alright Olivia, what's the problem?”
Stacy couldn't control her tears anymore and she started crying. Dominic held her face, “Talk to me Olivia, what's the problem?”
Stacy sniffed and said, “Daddy....dad....It's me.”
Dominic wondered what she was saying, “What are you talking about Olivia?”
She was about to respond when the door opened and Danielle came in with Olivia. Dominic looked at Olivia and who was in front of him. He was shocked. Danielle didn't see Stacy's face and she asked, “What's going on here Dominic? Who is that lady?”
Stacy sniffed and turned slowly to face Danielle and Olivia. Immediately Danielle screamed, “Anna!!!” Olivia couldn't believe what she was seeing. Anna is back. Anger and frustration burned within her.
Danielle ran to Stacy, “Anna, it's me, Danielle, your mother.” Tears began to rush down her face.
Stacy held her hands, “Yes mummy, I know it's you....I'm here mummy. I can't believe I'm here now.”
Danielle wrapped her in a big hug. She was crying and pulled out of the hug saying, “For years I've waited...I've waited for this moment....oh Anna.....I missed you, I thought you were gone. Memories of I losing you in the hospital still comes to me....I'm so glad you are here now.”
Stacy turned to Dominic who was crying softly.   He hugged her and said, “Welcome back to us Anna. Your mom is right, we searched everywhere for you, but we didn't find you. I'm glad you are here now.”
Stacy smiled and said to both of them, “I had to find both of you. I went through a lot mummy.” Then she looked at Olivia. She noticed Olivia wasn't smiling. Danielle looked at Olivia and took Stacy to her, “Anna...this is your twin sister Olivia.”
Stacy smiled so hard as tears rolled down her eyes. She remembered how Olivia prevented her from meeting Danielle then. She pulled Olivia into a hug saying, “Who knew I was a twin?” Olivia pulled out of the hug saying, “Welcome home Anna...welcome back....I missed you.”
Stacy smiled as she knew what she was talking about. She nodded and said, “Anna, you would be coming with us tonight. You will be living with us.”
Stacy looked at her mom and said, “I do love that mom, but I have to inform my parents that adopted me.”
Danielle touched her face, “Oh my, we need to thank them to...but that would be tonight...for now...let's go home. Come on.” Danielle led Stacy outside and Olivia waited for Dominic to take his suit. Dominic looked at Olivia asking, “Are you happy to see another you Olivia?”
Olivia faked a smile and nodded. Dominic locked his office and they went to the car to meet Danielle and Anna. Then they left for their house.

TO BE CONTINUED.....