Four

Elide

"Fifty three,fifty four, fifty five, urrgghh..." i groaned.

I can't anymore last night's greasy food lazed me to sleep. And now here i am stuck training in the middle of what it seems like forest, but with equipments hanging or attached to trees. Swinging whenever the wind is blowing a bit hard. The punching bag which is hanged to the tree  is supported by a iron rod,  stabbed perpendicular to the tree. Beneath the tree are a couple of tires old and dusty, whenever i touch it with my sweaty hands gets extra yucky to which I'm immuned so i don't care.

      The chill of September's wind doesn't effect me now as it did prior to the practice. Once you're immune to Medford's winter you are officially tagged to survive anywhere in the world is what uncle said with obvious exception of Antarctica. The place where snow is piled up like crazy.

That was when the moment of panic arose in my chest. That meant no indoor workouts anymore, the word anymore emphasised until it snowed .

A warrior stands despite the external factors, he knows he's not on a vacation. He knows how petty his excuses sound when measured for what he's taking blows. He's doing for his people, for that he needs to be aware of self, being strong for himself at first can make people trust him. Only then will people trust you.

Quite a quote.

My tshirt stuck to my skin as the walnuts were vaccume packed, occasionally the cold qind would swoop in brushing the skin. I mean everyone sweats when you're supposed to do all those jabs, kicks and punching. Don't even get me to these workouts, it more seems like punishments than workouts if you ask me.

    My thigh muscles shiver everytime i do these fucking sit-ups and it's the worst exercise ever, why would anyone i mean anyone crouch and stand with both hands held at the shoulder level.

Urrgghh i can't anymore, I'm done with this. I groan as i glance to see if my trainer is looking here. Perhaps he's trying hard not to crush his phone he's holding, that frown on his face with clenched fist is hilarious though. So I'm just gonna take a quick break.

I just sit on the ground feeling the coldness of the mud it feels tingling but very good feeling.  Although mud sticks to my sweaty shirt my muscles relax a bit. I just love this feeling and ofcourse smell of the earth, it's enchanting, now i truly feel if the cold wind and the trees rustling and punching sound in the background . I'm so lost in this earthy feeling as i close my eyes to feel this feeling a bit more then i hear it, steps approaching me

     "You're not in a movie where they would zoom upto your eyes to make you charming."

I should have known how can I even escape from this old man.

"Uncle can you please give me a minute to enjoy myself while I'm at it also if it is for a girl they say the word beautiful not charming " i say with a small hope to distract him while my muscles relax

"Brat, you are anything but beautiful cut the act!"

"Uncle please... I'm exhausted" i whine

     "Trying to distract me, i know what you're thinking of...
Get up young lady and finish your sit-ups. And one more word from you adds 10 extra sit-ups."

"Trust me i know that you aren't a fan of sit-ups. Are you?!!" God why does he have to be that intimidating. I hate it.

     As i stand again to resume my sit-up i glance towards my right where Aiden is giving me thumbs up  while mouthing to finish it fast while he's removing his gloves his hair full of sweat as he pushes back in annoyance if he did that in college as he did back in school god knows how many confessions he would receive just by stroking those raven locks.