“Tomorrow we’re going to go look for her with you,” Ashton said into the phone.

“I don’t think Luke wants to do that,” Michael said with a sigh remembering Ashton’s boy-toy.

Ashton smiled, happy to think Michael cares. “My other friend Calum is here too so I want to show them around the town, ya know? It’ll be fun.”

“If you say so,” Michael sarcastically responded.

Ashton didn’t catch on though, “Where shall we meet tomorrow?” Luke slid next to Ashton on the bed and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“You’re a persistent little fucker, you know that?”

Giggling, Ashton responded, “So let’s meet at that Quaint Café with the goofy barista girl.”

“You mean the one on Broken Avenue?” Michael said.

“Yes!” Ashton started jumping up and down on his bed, excited to start a scavenger hunt with his best friends. “See you tomorrow at noon!” Ashton said before hanging up the phone.

Michael sighed, glanced at the whiskey bottle on his bedside table, and thought to himself. “Well I guess I should look somewhat presentable so Ashton doesn’t worry if he even cares.” Michael internally slapped himself for thinking that, of course Ashton cares or he wouldn’t be helping him. Just because Ashton doesn’t seen the Luke doesn’t appreciate him like Michael does, doesn’t mean that Ashton is also blind to Michael’s emotions towards him. “No!” Michael thought to himself, “I can’t admit this to myself because that means I’m one step closer to admitting it to him,” Michael snatched the whiskey bottle and took a long swig. He sat the bottle down heavily on the dresser and stripped down into his boxers and putting the water on in the shower. “Time to sober up,” Michael said with a sigh, stepping into the boiling water pouring out of the shower head.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

     The bell to the Quaint Café jingles signaling a costumer walking through the front door. Morgan rushes to the front after running her fingers through her hair and throwing a beanie over her brightly colored hair.

“Good morning!” she chirps tossing a glance over the glass counter full of pastries. Morgan was the baker’s daughter who was also the owner of Quaint Café so she was almost always working. Morgan helped her mom open the stores on school days and worked most of the weekend. It was Winter Break though so she was constantly working.

“Hey!” Ashton giggles at her, gripping Luke’s hand tightly.

“What can I get you boys this morning?” Morgan said with a wink.

Luke pulled his hand away, holding the glass door open for Calum. Ashton frowned but focused his attention back to the girl.

“Umm, I would love a carmel frappe with an apple blossom please.” Ashton smiled shyly.

Morgan’s smile grew at the sound of his voice, “Of course, sweetie.” She had a huge crush on the boy but sadly knew he was gay. He was a regular in the bakery and she had memorized his order. Sometimes she even added extra caramel to his frappe or made sure his apple blossom or cheese pastry was warm.

“Luke,” Ashton said, turning to find Calum and Luke quietly talking, “what would you like, babe?” Ashton didn’t like how close Calum and Luke were, but he tried not to freak out when they were too close or when they hugged an extra-long minute. Ashton knew when he moved he took a lot away from Luke and Calum was the good friend who had been there for him to cry on and comfort him.

“Just coffee,” Luke said not glancing at Ashton.

Ashton frowned and turned back to the barista. “Large coffee please,” he said.

She jotted it down on a notepad, “Jeesh, someone isn’t a morning person.”

“Something like that,” Ashton said pulling out his wallet. “Thanks, Morgan,” Ashton said reading the name tag, taking the drinks and giving her the right amount of money.

     *ringgg*

     *ringgg*

The little silver bell above the door jingled, signaling someone had entered. Ashton spun on his heals with a sudden rush of adrenaline.

“Mikey!” Ashton called jumping into Michael’s arms, his bright red hair seemly faded and, is he skinnier? Is that even possible? “I’ve missed you,” Ashton whispered into his ear hugging him that much tighter. His arms feel like home to Ashton.

     Michael feeling everyone in the room staring at them hugged Ashton back just as tight, if not tighter. “I missed you too, Ash,” he whispered into the boy’s curly hair as his eyes fell closed. He opened them just to see two boys pull their hands away from each other and stand as if to make their presence known.

     Luke cleared his throat and Ashton pulled out of the warm embrace. “Mikey, this is Luke,” Ashton nodded to the boy with blonde spikey hair. My Ash is dating this prick?Michael thought to himself and then quickly shook the thought from him. Ashton isn’t his, he never was and never will be.

     Luke reached out his hand to Michael and Michael returned the gesture. Both shared an intense gaze. Michael’s grip tightened realizing Luke was going to break up with Ashton after witnessing his handholding thing with the Asian boy. “My pleasure,” Luke hissed.

     “Okaaaayyyy,” Ashton said turning to Calum, “Michael, Calum.”

     They shook hands with no tension but Michael’s shoulders were still tight.

     Finally Ashton turned back to Michael with his big toothy smile, “You ready to find your sister, Mikey?”