Chapter 9: Wrong Intensions

"Come inside," Paul called closely behind Ashton.

Ashton spun on his heals, "I can't believe you."

"Ashton, dinner is almost ready. Come in and get washed up."

Ashton's face twisted more. "Fuck you," he said under his breath.

"Excuse me?" Paul's face dropped.

"Fuck. You. First you rip me from my home and my life, drop the bomb on me that you're my father, and now! Now you've pushed my only friend away! So in case I wasn't clear enough for you; fuck you!" With that, Ashton took off into a sprint through the front door, up the stairs, slamming his bedrom door.

Paul laughed slightly to himself, but not a heartily one. It was empty and cold. He didn't walk back to the house, instead he walked towards the feilds hands in his pockets.

Too many secrets, too many lies, and too much has gone wrong so far. Paul let the wind carry him through the fields while he thought to himself. Paul doesn't want to be the bad guys, he wants to be the father to Ashton he never was. He wants to see his son graduate top of his class, go to a great college, marry a beautiful girl, then one day start a family of his own, but Paul knows he doesn't deserve any of that. Paul wasn't there to help Ashton form his rights and wrongs. He doesn't even have the right to blame Anne. She did her best raising Ashton on her own and Paul knew that.

"Honey?" he heard his wife call to him. The sun sent shades of orange and soft pink across her delicate skin and he remembered how much he hated himself for leaving her waiting all those years. "Are you alright? I heard Ashton run to his room. Did you two fight again?"

Paul made his way up the steps to his grand mansion without a word. Anne studied his face. "Aye, we did, Love, but not to worry. All will be solved. I'll make it right."

Anne's face went from concerned to grateful within seconds. "I'm glad to hear that. Why the change of heart?"

He laughed again, this one more heart behind it though. It was sincere. "No change in heart, only the realization I'm not showing Ashton the true person I want to be."

"I'm proud of you," Anne whispered into Paul's ear as she wrapped her arm in his. "I'm tired of the bickering between the two most important men in my life."

Paul rest his palms on Anne's face, guiding her eyes to meet his. "I'll change this. I'll make it right." He pressed his lips against her forehead, "I love you" he mumbled against her soft skin.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

“My flight is tomorrow, I still haven’t packed though.” Luke’s voice was rough like he’d been crying.

“Well maybe you should do that,” Ashton said teasingly.

Luke glanced around the room with blurry eyes. It had been two days since he had talked to Calum and he through he had lost him for good, but just then his phone buzzed with a text. “I guess I should get packing then.”

“Umm, yea. That’s a good idea,” Ashton mumbled. Luke sounded distracted which upset him a little. He missed being Luke’s everything.

“I’ll call you later,” Luke lied.

“Before you go, invite Calum! I miss him and I kinda already bought him a ticket…” Ashton trailed off.

Luke froze. “That’s not a good idea, Ash.”

“Oh, come on! It’ll be like old times! Getting the gang together again,” Ashton took a breath. “Why wouldn’t that be a good idea?”

“I didn’t mean a bad idea…I just mean that….” Luke struggled for words. “I just think that we should have some me and you time, ya know?” Luke tugged at a suitcase stuck in his closet.

“Oh!” Ashton’s face lit up. “I know but I’m sure Calum would give us some alone time. ‘Sides there aren’t returns on tickets. Round trip for the both of you!”

Luke threw the suitcase on his bag and ripped it open, “Right, yea. Okaay. I’ll let him know.”

Ashton squealed, “Thank you, babe! I can’t wait to see you!”

“Alright, I got to pack. I’ll call you later. Bye.” Luke was short and went to hang up the phone not waiting for a response from Ashton.

“Wait! Babe, iloveyou.” Ashton waited for a response but only got the dial tone. Things were getting harder for him every day.

Luke fell onto his bed frustrated as he read the text from Calum.

C: heyy c;

L: wanna go to America?

C: what?

L: ashton bought you a plane ticket for you to visit America with me, no returns.

C: is that a good idea?

L: we don’t have much of a choice

C: I’ll get packing, pick me up tomorrow?

L: ok

Luke smiled slightly at the thought of walking through an airport holding Calum’s hand and falling asleep on his shoulder in a plane, but quickly shook the thought from his mind remembering the reason they were flying to America.

Ashton hadn't left his room in two days since the fight with Paul. At night he would sneak down the stairs to get something to eat, but he had lost a lot of weight since moving to the Americas.

author's note: sorry for the short chapter. This is merely a filler with a little bit of tension. I've been busy starting school and what not. Really bean focusing on my grade4s, but I got my first report card and so I think I am safe to start writing again. Hope you guys like the direction I'm going. SO MUCH IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THIS BOOK AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

iloveyou little babettes

~read~comment~vote~